snowflake

xs0dap0px

my snowflake eel has stopped eating for a bout a little over a week now i was feeding him freeze dried shrimp .......anyone know what i can feed him to get him to eat ...i know they tend to go through a hybernation period but for how long ?

xs0dap0px

thanks you guys i was thinking bout getting some fresh shrimp form the grocery store but i will also check out the silversides

jumpfrog

Mine also loves squid/octopus. Just try a few different foods and he'll come around. They don't need to eat everyday and in fact mine decides from day to day whether he wants to eat or not.
Good Luck!

I have just scoured the countryside for a two hour radius and could not find silversides for my almost 3 ft long sfe. I was told by a great online fish food store that the silversides are seasonal and right now no one has them. Hikari is their supplier and Hikari told them they would have them by the end of May. I bought lancefish, which are smaller, but he is eating them fine. He supposedly used to eat shrimp, but I have never gotten him to.
My baby eel used to love bay scallops, which are cheap and at your local grocer.....just a few suggestions