So excited!! First real SPS frags!!

zoie2

Those are really nice. I was at the LFS and was looking at some frags of sps and was very tempted, but I chickened out. They are beautiful. Maybe someday I will get one.
Congrats!

9supratt4

So does anyone have any tips on keeping Birdsnest's?? Is there something I can use for supplemental feedings to get them to grow faster?? How fast do they grow anyway??

bonesnapper

Birdsnest grows pretty fast with the right conditions. I had some of that Tyree, and it was really hard to take care of. It died within 2 weeks.

9supratt4

Originally Posted by BoneSnapper
http:///forum/post/2937020
Birdsnest grows pretty fast with the right conditions. I had some of that Tyree, and it was really hard to take care of. It died within 2 weeks.
Good thing I only paid 40 bucks for all 3!!

C

cmaxwell39

Those are some nice looking corals. That is one heck of a deal as well. Congratulations.

gatorwpb

Ive found and others have said, that the ponape prefers less strong light than my other sps. The colors are better and get too light under the stronger lights. So once I moev mine off the frag rack, I'll be putting it in the middle of the tank.
They all prefer strong flow. As the frags turn into colonies, this is even more important, because the branches block the flow and cant get to the middle/sides of the colony. Common with birdsnest colonies first added to tanks.