SO Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtwilson21

ok heres the deal, i have a 55 gal with 50 lbs of live rock. No matter how much i move it around i always end up hateing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i want to do is to creat a natural look but every time i aqua scape it ends up looking terrible!!! my rocks really dont fit together well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what to do i am so frustrated and if it keeps up like this i just wanna get out of the hobby as much as i like it!!!!!! can someone calm me down please any give me some freaking suggestions???????????

dory36

You should try Paxil...it'll do you wonders! :rolleyes:
Seriously though, have you thought about buying some more rock? Sometimes one really cool piece can bring everything together. Or, maybe have one of your friends come over and give you some suggestions. Or, better yet, take all your rocks out, get a blindfold and randomly toss them back into your tank.

I'm sorry...my 7th graders made me a little crazy today!

koolkev

What you could do is make your own base rock out of concrete and shape the concrete to make whatever looking shapes you want!!! I haven't done it, but I just want to make a suggestion!!! Do a search if you think this is a good idea on making your own base rock or something!!!
Kevin
aka koolkev

joker_ca

IT TOOK ME FOR EVER TO GET MY ROCK JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT, IM SORRY TO SAY THAT U JUST GOT TO KEEP WORKING AT IT.
WHAT REALLY HELPED ME WAS LOOKING AT OTHERS PEOPLES TANKS SO THAT I COULD GET AN IDEA OF HOW I WANTED MINE TO LOOK LIKE, ALSO THE MORE LR YOU HAVE THE BETTER IT'LL LOOK
START OFF WITH SMALLERS PIECES IN THE BOTTOM AND USE YOUR BIGGER PIECES OF ROCK TOWARDS THE TOP

jtwilson21

thnaks dudes that makes me feel a little better, i would love to buy a little more LR but as you know LR is very $$$. i only have 50 lbs in a 55 gal but it still look a little empty. I have looked at other peoples tanks on here and tried to inspire my tnaks from a few of yours but that didnt work, i guess i'll just keep trying like you said. and maybe take a a

[hr]
.:nervous:

clarkiiclo

How about this:
Take a pic of your current rock design and let the peeps here give you some suggestions.
Some creative input from someone else can be quite helpful.
Just a thought..............

joker_ca

MAN, I ONLY HAVE AROUND SIXTY POUNDS IN MY 80G, I'LL POST A PIC WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK:D
IMO I THINK U HAVE ENOUGH LR TO MAKE A NICE LOOKING TANK

alohami

Try making some caves. Spread two pieces of rock apart, and then find a piece to go across them both. I've seen a lot of people do them on here and they look really cool.

jackalpupz

hey there. This is my first post on here. Ive been lurking around for awhile though learning everything i can. Ive learned alot from you guys in the passed year. I started up my 50G tank on december 10th 2004. So my tank is fairly new. I also have the tendency to change my aquascaping every single day cuz I dont like how it looks. So i know how you feel on that part. Best idea is to just keep moving them around like your doing and one of these dayz you will find what your looking for. For some reason i dont think my rock work is perfect either but ive messed with it enough and this is how its gunna stay. Once you start adding corals and everything, your tank will start to really fill out and look nice. I also cant wait for that to happen with my tank. Good luck with your aquascaping and make it fun and not a headache.

joker_ca

trust me its sixty, i had 40lbs in my old 40g and i added 20 more when i got my 80g
most of the rocks are laying on branch rock

cbort

When i first started, i thought i would go out and buy a bunch of big cool looking rocks, and i was haveing the same problems it never looked very good, after getting a nice amount of large rocks, i began to buy a lb here and a lb there of just small rocks. I usually bought ones small enough to get about 4-6 to make a lbs and filled in the wholes. It makes for a lot of places for fish to swim in and out of. Lots of caves and small holes. I am not sure what sizes of rocks you have but this method works great for me and my fish love it!

jackalpupz

"For some reason i dont think my rock work is perfect either but ive messed with it enough and this is how its gunna stay."
Already broke and did some more changes to my aquascaping
. When is it ever gunna end:notsure: .

misty7850

Aquascaping can be frustrating at times. Sometimes a helping hand or opinion does wonders. I had to move mine around several times, and then still wasn't happy with it. I called on my husbands expertise (he's more the artist). And am much happier with the set up now. Its not perfect, I've got more lr to put in as soon as it is done curing.

reefdoctor

Check into Tonga Live rock. This type of rock makes great caves and make very nice displays. Most of all don't give up. Try, Try Again!
:joy:
Good Luck! reedoctor