So Happy

jon321

very nice! but 1 question, and not meaning to be rude, but why are both clams sitting right next to each other?
and its nice to see some canadian reefers here!

Jon

logger850

I know :notsure: , I can't keep them apart, they were at opposite ends and always come together, but they are happy, and that's what counts

fishieness

i would love to keep a blue maxima someday.... they are blue maximas right? what lighting do you have and how high is your tank?
by the way, it looks great!

jon321

wow, i honestly didnt know the giant clams could move....learn somethin new every day eh
Jon

logger850

for lighting I have 2-55watt pc's, 2-20watt actinic, and 1-mh175watt6500k, lights are doing good, I am getting alot of coraline growth, this site is cool, learning alot, and nice to meet others in this crazy hobby of ours. As for the clams moving, there movement is very little, but they do.

tthemadd1

DO they always move back to their sides? I was under the impression that they should face up into the light. And not be so open.... Looks great throughh.......
Congrats...
themaddhatter

logger850

I have tried to kind of wedge them in between the rocks, straight up, and have found them back on the sand, I have tried to stand them up in the sand and then they always lay flat, the spot they are in is right under the MH, so I guess that's where they like to be.

lionfish99

I noticed you have a Seaclone protien skimmer. Are you having millions of microbubbles crowding your tank as well as I am?

logen32

Ya i have a sea clone skimmer too and have the same probleam. I would like to know how to fix the probleam.

nemobreath

Originally Posted by logger850
but they are happy, and that's what counts
i counted two, how aboot u? y u asking?

logger850

I was having problems at first with the skimmer (bubbles), but now it's working good, took quite awhile to adjust it and get it right, I try to keep the water level at a steady level, it seems when you do to much to the tank, the skimmer goes haywire for a few days

lionfish99

mines been goin haywire for a week+ and there are wayyyyy to many bubbles (the little tang from nemo would be thrilled) but i'm not! How did you get yours to stop bubbling up the water :notsure:

logger850

I just kept adjusting it, the first thing I did was leave the air fully open, it took a few days but then the bubbles slowly started to disappear, when I clean it, I clean the collection cup really good and just rinse out the rest. I think letting it go full bore for a few days helps to produce the slime coating it needs to function properly, then it's okay.