So Happy!!!

emmitt2

We took our kids to the public pool for their swim lessons today and my wife was in the pool with them. After an hour we leave and go home for lunch. As im getting the kids changed my wife screams and tells me the diamond in her ring is GONE(1 of the prongs had broke off). This is a diamond that has been passed down our family for 4 generations and my wife is INCREDIBLY sentimental. I sprint back to the pool and tell them what happened. 2 of the kids that worked there got in the pool with me and we scoured the bottom for an hour with no luck(they did find a much smaller diamond in the deep end,lol). I see one of the kids helping me get out and then yell to me. I get out and go to him and he's holding my diamond!

He remembered where we were sitting and looked there and it was laying half in the drain by our chair. Needless to say, this kid saved me more money and aggravation than i can say. He so easily could have not helped or not told me he found it. I even had to force him to take $200. My wife was so happy, she might leave me for this kid lol. It's Nice to know that there is still some GOOD people out there willing to help for nothing!

goblin

Congrats

A while back me and the wife was entering the mall and there was a couple in front of us with two kids around 13 and 14 I would say, one girl one boy. The kids opened the doors for thier parents one got the inner door and one got the outer door. Well they continued to hold the doors for us, one kid said after you mama to my wife. I couldn't believe it. And this was in Maryland probably one of the rudist states I've ever lived in. I thanked the kids and the parents. I told the parents they had raised two very polite kids. As we went our seperate ways I looked back and the mother was saying something to her kids and gave them a hug. Its nice to find some well mannered kids out in public these days.

emmitt2

Yeah, its nice to see for a change. Five years ago, i lost my wedding badn playing basketball. It was only worth a few hundreds bucks but my wife was about to kill me. I searched the park but couldnt find it and put up some reward signs. The next day, some kid called and asked what the reward was, i told him and he said "not enough" and hung up. I sprinted to the park and there were like 10-12 15 year olds. I called the # that called me and 1 of their phones started ringing. I was about to strangle this little punk, he and his friends started whining i was harassing them and they were calling the cops. I was like "fine, you better before i pound 1 of you". The cops came, searched the kid and his friends but they apparently were just screwing with me. :mad: At least when the kids parents came they read him the riot act and i know they beat him when they got home

mimzy

wow, emmit - great story!! so gald they found it for you, diamonds are impossible to see in a pool!!!
Insure that diamond, darling, and then get your wife a new one of the same size to wear instead. family heirlooms sometimes are better off in a safe until special occasions.