so...is he dying?

dogstar

Is that some type of leather ? Looks kinda like one to me that needs better current to blow of the shed....Does not look like its dieing but does need to remove that brown stuff. You can lightly scrub it IMO....if thats what it is......

puffer32

No it is not dying. Heres a pic of mine to the right of the finger leather. It looks like yours at times. It sheds. Mine is green when its not extended, as soon as it expends its polops it gets brown, Pretty cool.

mrdc

I agree that make sure it's getting adequate flow to help it shed. I moved my finger leather because it was laying over and I noticed that it had a lot of brown stuff on it. I moved it to better flow and the brown stuff slwly went away and now it's standing straight up.

matjack

he just shed the night before I took this picture. All sheddings were gone. bright color, all polips extended. 24hrs later, he looks like this...but thanks guys. my gs is at 1023. Is this high enough for the corals?

sw65galma

Originally Posted by matjack
he just shed the night before I took this picture. All sheddings were gone. bright color, all polips extended. 24hrs later, he looks like this...but thanks guys. my gs is at 1023. Is this high enough for the corals?
Slowly bring it up to 1.025-.1026