so ive got a snail problem.

nvsbandit

my 10g is infested with these tiny little baby snails....they are EVERYWHERE.
what can i put in there to clean is up. some are so small i can pick them up. the biggest ones i have taken out....but they just keep growin.
fish or invert what will take care of these little buggers...they crawl on my xenia so it never opens anymore and all my corals are stressed.

wgchristman

How about some kind of hermit crab? If it is somewhat larger than the snails, they should prey on them. In my friends tank, his crabs are always taking out his snails, whether for food or their shells.

It might take some time, but eventually should work out. Good luck.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2665303
I'd say a Puffer Fish or Eel, but not in a 10G. I dunno any fish that small that eats snails.
Haha, that's funny considering you avatar gave me the idea of my suggestion...
A wrasse. An 8 line or a 6 line or a 4 line.

j-ville

I have a Red Fairy Wrasse that eats any little creature that moves on my liverock. He is constantly in hunt mode. That might work, and they're beautiful fish.

nvsbandit

cus i wanna transfer the rocks into my 90g....but not like this.
i could transfer my two clowns and get a six line to put in my 10g.
THHHEEENNNN transfer everything.
i counted over 100 of them yesterday. they are about the size of my aragalive sand. but some are getting big enough to see from across the room.

bang guy

Snail populations are limited by food so if they actually are snails then I would expect the population to reduce as the snails grow.
Are you sure they are snails?

mr_x

i have those snails too. what are they bothering? i see them as free snails. they get in all the nooks and crannys my mag float can't!
do they look like these?-