So mad

bellanavis

I treated my fish for ich, they were in the qt tank for 4 1/2 weeks, in hypo, I finally got them back in the DT tank, and the hippo is covered with ich the next day.

tranman777

That sucks!
Did you have the s.g. down at 1.008 and kept it there for 4 1/2 weeks?
Did you see any signs of ich while they were in QT? If not, then I'm afraid you may still have ich in your DT tank?
Did you have any fish in your DT for those 4 1/2 weeks? Any new corals, inverts?
How long did you kept your DT fallow for?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by BellaNavis
I treated my fish for ich, they were in the qt tank for 4 1/2 weeks, in hypo, I finally got them back in the DT tank, and the hippo is covered with ich the next day.
Ah Bella, that stinks. You were supposed to leave the DT fishless for 6 weeks though. The ich was still alive in there.

bellanavis

Some people say 4, some say 5, and some say 6, this is driving me crazy. I am going to have to tear my tank apart again, just to catch them all. Last time I lost 3 fish, I only have 5 left, this sucks.

sepulatian

Some people say 4, some say 5, and some say 6, this is driving me crazy. I am going to have to tear my tank apart again, just to catch them all. Last time I lost 3 fish, I only have 5 left, this sucks.
I am so sorry. The reason that the numbers are all different is because people have had success using less amount of time. If someone only has minimal amounts of ich in the display then it will be gone in less time. 6 weeks is safe that all will be dead.

hot883

Bella, thats to bad.
Sepulation really knows what she is talking about. I read and take her advice often. 6 weeks is really the only way to go. Barry

sepulatian

Originally Posted by hot883
Bella, thats to bad.
Sepulation really knows what she is talking about. I read and take her advice often. 6 weeks is really the only way to go. Barry
Thank you Barry, that is very kind of you to say

bellanavis

I know, I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just mad at the situation, not at anyone, maybe mad at myself.

chadman

that stinks!! so you think your dt still had ich? funny you say that cuse after we put those copepods and rock in our tank we bought a kole tang the next day and he got ich really bad...the yellow tang is still going strong though with no marks on him...who knows we have had bad luck with tangs could just be us

lion_crazz

Bella, I am very sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties. Hopefully, this time you can kick the ich and be done with it. Keep us posted with your fish!

bellanavis

Chad, I am so sorry, if you got ich from me. This sucks, I feel like giving up and not even setting the 380 up now.

lion_crazz

Bella, definitely do not give up!! We all hit bumps in the road, but this hobby is a never-ending learning experience. The true experts of this hobby are the ones who take the mistakes they make and learn a lesson from each and every one of them.
I hope you still set-up the 380. I am sure it will be a beautiful tank.

sepulatian

Chad, I am so sorry, if you got ich from me. This sucks, I feel like giving up and not even setting the 380 up now.
Bella don't give up. These setbacks are minor compared to the joy you will have in the future. Don't get discouraged. We have all been there. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and ask any and all questions you have!

bellanavis

My poor hippo is so covered, its sad. She is the only one, why is that? So, my best bet is to catch them all and put them back in the QT and start the hypo all over again, right? If there are stars, a mandarin, seahares, crabs, snails, LR, and so on in the DT, will the ich live on that stuff?

lion_crazz

I am so sorry to hear that the hippo is so covered. Your best bet is indeed catching them all again and re-hypoing them.
The ich will not live off of any of the inverts you mentioned or the mandarin. They can all be left in the display while the display runs fishless for 6 weeks.

lion_crazz

This is so stresfull for me, I can only imagian how the poor fish feel.
I agree, but the parasites attacking them is much worse. Just think about how happy they will be when your display tank is not constantly loaded with parasites attacking the fish.

bellanavis

Yeah, your right, as usual. I feel really bad, if I gave Chad ich. Could he have gotten it from me, from taking some rock?

lion_crazz

Unfortunately, yes.
However, you should not feel too bad (bad that Chad might have ich, but not bad for giving it to him). Chad has just as much a responsibility to quarantine all new additions as you do. If Chad were to go to an LFS, he has just as much of a chance at bringing home ich on a piece of coral as he does by taking a piece off of you.

chadman

nikki i don't hold you personally responsible...haha....it does suck that i have ich but i new you had had ich in your tank before and we both should have given it some more time i suppose...we are going to get a qt tank tommorow i think...we have been needing to do this for a while anywayz...we'll see how it goes...i guess we're gonna throw all the fish in there huh?