So Many Types of Clowns

ledzep

So, I have been wondering, for my soon-to-be set-up 12 gallon nanocube, I want a False Percula Clown, but which one do you guys like the most?

bamm26

I have a saddle back, he is cool. but if your going for more color...i could go with the false percula clown, my saddle back is hard to see sometimes.

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by Bamm26
http:///forum/post/2569874
I have a saddle back, he is cool. but if your going for more color...i could go with the false percula clown, my saddle back is hard to see sometimes.
awesome, could u post a pic of ur saddleback, they are one of my favorite fish

gmann1139

Ahhh... But aren't all fish nekkid?

I'll say that at first I thought things like onyx, b&w, snowflakes were all cool.
Then the LFS I get my water got in several misbars. They just didn't look... right. Really pretty freaky, like they were the leftovers from making nekkids or something.
Now I'm just happy with a pair of boring old TR Ocellaris.

K

kat74

Definately get the n-a-k-e-d ocellaris!~

I have a pair of them in my 29 and I absolutely loooove them! Soooo much personality and they are just precious! They are totally spoiled and eat out of my fingers. They eat ORAGlo as well as mysis, brine plus, marine cuisine, soaked in garlic plus, zooplex and AminOmega vitamins. The ORAGlo has really made their orange pop and they are sooo orange that when I take pics of them next to corals, sometimes they look superimposed on the pic!

eating from my fingers...

Got ya convinced yet??

ledzep

Haha, yea I think I might be convinced, its nice how they have their own different white dot somewhere on their body.

barngirl

I love the perc's also...
Into the MAROON's ;)
Kinda "TUFF" thinking they are!
Got a HUGE boyo into today, let him settle, and IF he makes it, will shoot a pic of him. The small maroon gold striped is in luv, what can you say about that....

A

azul1994

I voted for the black and whites. I would go black and white ocellaris.

L

lsu

Write in vote for picassos. They are the most entertaining fish I have.

jhebi

Since i already have a pair of picasso's myfirst choice would be Snowflakes clownfishes, weird in a way but awesome in the other...

dse

type in google images tomato clownfish.
i baught two i had 2 false 2 years ago and to be honest the tomato clownfish are a lot different.
they have one banned near the head some have black on them wich makes them look like cinnamen clowns (sorry for my poor spelling.
but each fish does have it's own little personallity tho.
but i do enjoy them a lot and in the uk they are £1 cheaper then falses lol.
yay for the community!
tomato clowns FTW!

riccio

A. polymnus (saddlebacks) would not be a good choice for 12g tank since they can get 6" in length. Stick with the A. percula, ocellaris, or possibly the skunk complex.