so my yellow tang is now seperated from my panther grouper...

therealcreel

so now what do i do with my tang.
ive had the grouper since last october as a baby and now he's about 6-7 inches. i got the tang for christmas from my girlfriend. the tang has grown about one inch since i got him from about 2 to 3 inches now, and the grouper grew from about 3 or 4 to 6-7 inches. i was told by a few people that if it works then let it work. but today was the day. i had a 35 gallon sitting there and now its the tangs home. while i was feeding the tank today the gropuer locked on to the yellow tangs tail right where the hook is,
both fish are fine and seperated.
what could have caused this. i mean i pretty much get it, but was it a teritory thing or was he just hungry?
what about the radiata lionfish. should he be of any worry. 4 inches and growing... though he doesnt eat like the grouper does.
any help would be great.
i have two lfs's that take trades.

hammerhed7

The panther will continue to grow much quicker than it's tank mates, which could lead to problems. How attached are you to the grouper?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Hammerhed7
http:///forum/post/2660364
The panther will continue to grow much quicker than it's tank mates, which could lead to problems. How attached are you to the grouper?
I agree here. These guys grow VERY large, 27+ inches, and will eat whatever it sees as a potential meal.

t316

therealcreel;2660339 said:
so now what do i do with my tang.QUOTE]
Give him to me, I'll take him off your hands

Sounds like you have a pretty weird mix of fish here. What size tank do you have all of this in?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Hammerhed7
http:///forum/post/2660364
Yeah; they sure are cute when they are little (like many people), but, IMO, are quite boring & ugly when grown. The upside is that they are considered a delicacy.