So now I'm really P.O.'d !!!!!!

lovethesea

A local solider was killed in Iraq last week and was brought home to rest. As I drove by the the church in my neighborhood, this man was being eulogized. There were protestors accross the street with horrific signs. Most I can't repeat here. My kids of course saw them and wondered what it was about. F...soliders in H..... God hates the USA....many more that I can type. :mad: :mad: The scary thing was that some kids were carrying these signs

I had no clue what this was about until I saw the news just now. It turns out that there is a group of Baptist in Topeka Kansas that believe that God is punishing the US by killing American soliders because homsexual men and women are allowed in the miltary :scared: NOW here is the craziest part.....they don't even know these men and women being laid to rest.........they just show up to funerals that are closeest to them.
How horrific for these families!!! (especailly this one...they just lost their other son about 6 months ago in a car accident)

1journeyman

Originally Posted by reefraff
They should thank god they were not doing that at the funeral of anyone I know.
Agreed... For what it is worth, I did some digging on these clowns.. their webpage reads more like a cult than anything else.
As an American and a true Baptist these folks sicken me.

maeistero

they did that to a local high school football hero soldiers funeral here in tonganoxie ks also. his funeral was held at the football field and everyone showed up. it is a cult, i've seen them numerous times in topeka using really small children to protest gays.
this funeral they got a slap in the face however as a local vfw biker gang showed up in the hundreds and blocked them from any view of the ceremony.

suzi1780

Oh this would be the work of Mr Fred Phelps and his crazy bunch. They think all kinds of horrible things like Katrina and 9-11, are all the works of god to kill homosexuals. These people came to my town because a local college put on a play called The Laramine Project which is about Matthew Sherpard and then they protested my church! A Presbyterian Church! That do this to churchs they feel are pro homosexual. They are just straight up crazy people that do nothing but waste oxgyen. They have a horrible website that you can read all of their crazy things, and they post the funerals that they will be protesting at. They had my church listed and the college. I don't really want to post the website because the words aren't so nice but if you put fred phelps into goggle, the first hit comes up as "warning page" and that is their site. Like I said it is not a very nice website they are really really crazy nasty people. For goodness sakes my church is in a sleepy little town, nothing big but they protested. This world is full of some lovely people... :mad:

lovethesea

Originally Posted by fedukeford
thats sad
im only in 7th grade wut does eulogized means??? :notsure:

When someone passes away and you go to a funeral in the funeral home or church, people will speak about the person who has passed. The minister, priest, mother, father, friend etc.
One entry found for eulogy.
Main Entry: eu·lo·gy
Pronunciation: 'yü-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: Middle English euloge, from Medieval Latin eulogium, from Greek eulogia praise, from eu- + -logia -logy
1 : a commendatory formal statement or set oration
2 : high praise

1journeyman

Yep... the more I read off their webpage the more I'm convinced they are a cult. They quote different scripture, but totally use it out of context and totally bypass the totality of what the Bible teaches.
Don't drink the Kool Aid they are handing out...
What size church is this? Anyone know?

mimzy

You don't have to be in a cult to be stupid. Let's not excuse their appalling behavior by suggesting they were brainwashed or coerced into acting the way that they do. They are doing terrible and disgusting things, and they should be held fully accountable for it.

reefraff

It's one thing to hold Homosexuality as a sin, it is quite another to inflict yourself on the grieving family of someone who just died as a way of promoting your views. It makes these peope no better than the Michael Moore/Hollywierd crowd they like to attack.

jds31788

oh thats nice..
im sure their god would be proud to see them protesting and CURSING in the name of god and the babtist churches....what are these people thinking....
oh i guess they can just ask for fogiveness and everything is hunky dory...'please forgive me for ruining that poor innocent family's day and haunting them forever.. and forgive me for CURSING!!!!!!! THE EXTREMIST FROM THE CHURCH CURSED!!! I THOUGHT THAT WAS A 'SIN'>> AND WHAT ABOUT REBELLING AGAINST AMERICA... THATS SUPOSED TO BE A SIN TOO... AAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
"my only solice is that one day judgement will come, for the wicked,
Then we will see who burns"
lovethesea. i feel ur anger

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Mimzy
You don't have to be in a cult to be stupid. Let's not excuse their appalling behavior by suggesting they were brainwashed or coerced into acting the way that they do. They are doing terrible and disgusting things, and they should be held fully accountable for it.
Amen to that... but...
Cult: "A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader." (dictionary.com)
The more I read on their webpage about their doctrine the more I see they fit this category. I'm not just throwing the word around.
As for holding them acountable... freedom of speech and religion both
protect these Kool Aid Drinkers. As sick as it is...

ty_05_f

They did that in the town I go to college at, in Edmond, OK. It is sickening especially since there are quite a few of them that are young children who shout and hold up signs even though they probably don't have a clue what they really are doing.
The bikers come out in huge numbers not so much as a counter protest but to protect the family of the deceased from having to see the horrible acts of that church group.

jds31788

haha i typed in cult in microsoft word and it came up with: sect, religious group, faction, party, trend..etc.
aslo:
cult- a regligous fashion or pratice
cult- a group of people who fallow a leader without question.
-handheld dictionary
unfortunatley ur right about the rights that protect them..
as much as it is their right to speak, its our right not to listen and/or be affected by their blind arrogance.
MERRY CHRISTMAS OR to include everyone -CHRISTMAHANNAYULEQUANSICKA! lol

T

tizzo

I swear to God, if it were a funeral I was at...I'd paintball them insane lunatics!!!!!!
I think that'd be within my constitutional rights...
I hate to hate people, but people like these are really tryin' me. :mad:

lovethesea

Some people in the neighborhood were bringing out American flags to try to cover up the protestors. I am not kidding, try telling your kids why kids are carrying sgns with the F word, H -word, Gay's etc !!! Oh, and God hates people, God is punishing the troops for this etc.