so......read any good books lately??

kris

In case anyone is in the market for a good reef book-- I just got another one (I now can say I own 20 books) The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium. Fascinating!! It may be a little more than the average reefer needs to know, but awesome none the less. This is not a "handy dandy reference guide" just pure unadulterated knowledge. (ok,ok, sometimes it's a little hard to understand even for the more advanced keepers but what the heck)
Or if you don't want something this indepth try my all time favorite-The Idiots Guide to Saltwater Aquariums.

halide

Hey thats a great book it really has some great info.I just wanted to mention a great book for people starting out called A Practical Guide To Corals For The Reef Aquarium it's great it gives the common names that they are called at your LFS and it makes it easyer to identify them and what there requirements are.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe they have an "Idiot" book for aquarists! LOL
Ok, I'm on way to Amazon.com

Seriously, I got a good book for the beginner to intermediate hobbyist called The Marine Hobbyist by Robert Fenner. I haven't bought a marine book, though, in about 10 yrs. Anyone know of any good books on how to slowly graduate to the "reef" setup without ripping apart your existing system or busting your wallet??? LOL Perhaps we should collaborate and write one ourselves!

kris

Good Luck --"Not busting your wallet" lol lol lol. I had considered doing a reef this time -but quickly figured out that I simply could not afford it. The live rock and sand alone would bankrupt me. (You reefers must not have kids and mortgages and cars that break down all the time) But thats ok I really like my fish anyway but I will add some rock to keep my new fish happy.