So Sad

keleighr

Still am sad, pathetically sad..........
I have come to th realization that I am not good with bigger fish.
I will have to remain in the dreaded damsel lane as well as the invertbrae lane.....

keleighr

Nope those died on me as well
I am not doing something right and no longer have it in me to pick someone to die cause I know that is what is going to happen.

unleashed

Originally Posted by crazyzeus1
Are microalgae plants expensive? Would it be silly to put some in there just for Foxface to eat?
fresh kelp foxfaces love the stuff but thay will eat it fast

J

jdragunas

you can't just give up!!! This won't be fun anymore if you do. You should just figure out why your fish are dying, not just say "well i'm not getting that kind anymore because it died"... it possibly wasn't even your fault... what if it was sick beforehand? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

keleighr

LOL
I have an empty 80 gallon right now that I am scared to death to put anything in.
I soooooooooo want the Blue Hippo but the thought of killing it just seems to get in the way of me buying one!!
I have tested the water and (in both) and they are where they are supposed to be.
Nothing else dies. Not the snails, sea anemone (SP), the cleaner shrimp or the crabs!!!
Just the bigger fish!

J

jdragunas

no... i was actually doing some work.... lol for once.
Well, i think you're just having bad luck with fish. If it were your water, the anemone and the inverts would be the first to go.

snailheave

why don't you start with 3 chromis? and when things settle down, get something else.
that's how i did it. in fact, the 4 chromis i started out with are still with us.

keleighr

Originally Posted by snailheave
why don't you start with 3 chromis? and when things settle down, get something else.
that's how i did it. in fact, the 4 chromis i started out with are still with us.
What part of the fish family are they in?
Damsel???

keleighr

Has anyone bought fish from these guys??
I am about to purchase the crabs and things like that to start with. No fish just yet.

J

jdragunas

yes, but they are the least agressive of all of the damsels (including clowns). they really only get feisty toward themselves. They're really hardy (although i managed to kill 2 of them when i started my tank... don't ask)

J

jdragunas

i haven't... they have a $75 minimum purchase price, and although shipping is free, they have a $28 gas surcharge fee or something like that... i would, but i don't have that much money to spend on fish right now.

keleighr

I know but they sell their blue hermit crabs A LOT cheaper on this site. You can get 1 for $8.99 at the pet store. On here they sell you 10 for $9.99??
Something like that.
Plus there are quite a few other items I wanted to get.