So who doesn't do water changes?

fsubowman

I still do a 5% water change every week. This thread makes me wonder about that. Perhaps I should let sleeping dogs (fish) lie.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nm reef

Just goes to show that there are numerous methods used to keep a reef stable and thriving. Myself I'll stay with my normal low percentage monthy or so water changes. :cool:
It just seems logical to remove/replace some water on a regular basis...:rolleyes:

I agree with NM. It would be nice to not change any, but I think it is a bit drastic. There are so many trace minerals that we know little to nothing about that would be used up. We should do water changes at least 5-10% of water 4-6 times a year.

naturelover

Originally posted by Bonermeister
There are so many trace minerals that we know little to nothing about that would be used up.

or not used up and build up in your LR.

toytek

Marine Fnatic,
I do a 10 gal change every 2 weeks.
I go through more salt!!!
I have over 10 books and have learn more in a month on here
than in them.
I went to the Tenn. aquarium 2 weeks ago and I was sick.
I can't have stuff like they do .So my hubby bought
season passes so me ,my little girl
and hubby can go so I can drule!
HE HEEEEE!
toytek

dillybobs

My fish seem to like me best when I dont mess around in their wrold. They perfer I watch from outside, Water changes usally only get done when the tank needs some extra cleaning.

overanalyzer

my 20 gallon gets a monthly change of 2-5 gallons - I let it go any longer and they gang does not look as good!
My big tank (140) is getting to be a pain (non-water change issues - lighting and affording it ...) but I am planning to do a 20 gallon change every 6-8 weeks
how do all of you non-water changing folks make sure you have accurate levels of trace elements? Wha kind of filtration do you run?? I think those are both key elements in dictating your water change needs/schedule ....