sohal tang and clown trigger in a 100

nicetry

I personally wouldn't consider it. Kind of like having a Doberman and a German Shepherd in a small kennel together. Either fish will need a larger tank than even the 240 as it grows. If the upgrade doesn't happen, (and many of them don't) you're stuck with two large/aggressive/need to be dominant fish.

5.0stang

well let me assure you the upgrade is DEFINITELY going to happen, my 100 gallon is going to become a quarintine. and if a 240 isnt enough, i can get bigger . price isnt really a concern here i just really want these two fish. my girlfriend was gonna pay for the 240 by herself so i can double even triple that amount i really just want to know, since the sohal and clown trigger need to be added last.. should i add them at the same to the qt? and what size do you thing i would need to have both of them. i knwo they are boh very aggressive but im willing to give it a shot ina big enough tank. thanks for your help. i would like everyones opinion on this please.

lion_crazz

I would say that a 265-300 would be a suitable tank. I would add both of them to the QT at the same time, yes.
They may be okay in the 100 for a few months if the upgrade is sure to happen.

5.0stang

thanks lion! im glad i can have both of them and i probably wont even get them until i DO upgrade that way they are okay for SURE i really like both of these fish a lot. ha and to think all this started with a 10 gal. fresh water tank. anyway thanks again.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by 5.0stang
thanks lion! im glad i can have both of them and i probably wont even get them until i DO upgrade that way they are okay for SURE i really like both of these fish a lot. ha and to think all this started with a 10 gal. fresh water tank. anyway thanks again.
No problem!
Both are incredible fish, and two fish that are more than worthy of setting up a tank for. Good luck and keep me posted.

agrsiv210

I have a clown trigger and a sohal tang in a 210, to be honest with you they don't even notice each other one bit. Just my .02. Good luck.

jon321

The nice thing about clown triggers, sohal tangs, aswell as most large angels is large specimens are in demand and it wouldnt be a problem selling a 7-8"+ specimen if it outgrew your tank or things just werent working out. Now 10" volitan lions or 18" panther groupers are another story....
Jon