Sohal Tang in Baltimore needs good home

hpycmpr

I have a beautiful Sohal Tang and I would like to find a good home for it. It's about 8 or 9 inches long. Will not ship this fish.

D

dholmblad

IS that to big for 100 gal? Im located in norva and I travel to baltimore every week end, Got pictures.
dibs.

aqua world

i have a 240 setup i can send you pics if you will ship i will pay for it and you know he will go to a home where he will stay alive and be happy

hpycmpr

Hi, a 100G. tank would be ok for the fish if he was the only one in the tank, but not big enough if you have others in there. He came out of a 110 G and he's very territorial. The 240 G. set-up would be perfect, but I don't want to ship the fish.

aqua world

i understand you are scared to ship the fish but if i pay for same day shipping and you but it in a storfoam box he will be fine i will even send you updates and pictures so you can see that he is happy, dont forget all pet stores get the fish sent in.

D

dholmblad

Only one as in only fish in there?
Can you get pictures How much$?

pco1988

Originally Posted by Hpycmpr
I have a beautiful Sohal Tang and I would like to find a good home for it. It's about 8 or 9 inches long. Will not ship this fish.
Is the Sohal still up for sale? How much is he? Would love to give him a good home.
:joy: :joy:

fishnerd

His tankmates would be...
14" Palani Tang
8" Vlamangi Tang
7" Banana Wrasse
8" Black Durgeon Trigger
4" Clown Trigger
The tank is 750 gallons, with plenty of hiding spots, and a custom filtration system built by me. I am happy to take you to his future home so you can approve of his future.
If I get him, he will be living at Light St and Pratt (on the 17th floor)
Kyle
I can provide plenty of references as to my competence in fishkeeping

lousmom

Fishnerd, Please send an email to the email associated with this post. We are the original posters but were unable to reply to the thread.

fishnerd

LOUSMOM/HPYCMPR
There is no email to contact you.
Call me 410 218-3182
Kyle
I don't like posting my email because it is a spam magnet when you do.
I live at Falls & Coldspring (Balt City.
I work with marinelife for a living.

marineking

fishnerd, I am an aspiring marine hobbyist and was wondering if you couldhelp me with a couple questions i have for you. On building your own supplies, and finding a place that would let me intern or something to see if I want to work in this field. So many questions not enough answers. if you could e-mail me at Mikewarfield@comcast.net or reply to this post would greatly appreciate it.

fishnerd

I would recommend joining a local aquarium club to learn some tricks from other members.
Check the posts on this forum under "Equipment and DIY"
There are also two books compiled from the back of Freshwater and Marine AQUARIUM magazine called "For What Its Worth". You might want to look into finding these books. They are tips for building your own equipment.
Martin Moe has a book called "The Marine Aquarium Reference", its worth buying.
I am not aware of anywhere you can get an apprenticeship on building aquarium filtration.
I taught myself using what references I could.
Good luck!

fishnerd

The Sohal moved today to a "750 gal" tank I maintain. The tank is 8' x 3' x 4' which is actually 718 gallons, but the manufacturer calls it "750 gallons"
I built a custom filtration system which has...
1) A "pseudo wet/dry" sump holding 40 gallons of biomedia (sump #1)
2) A needle wheel induction skimmer that processes 900gph (sump #2)
3) Ozone reactor w/200mg generator and controller set at 325mv (sump#2)
4) 40w UV, w/700gph pump for algae control (influent sump #2, effluent sump #1)
5) Iwaki 100rlt return pump- +/- 2300gph after backpressure (sucks from both sumps)
All water is prefiltered with thick polyester batting.
The Sohal's (8-9") tankmates are...
14" Palani Tang (A. dussermei)
10" Vlamingi Tang (N. vlamingi)
5" RS Sailfin Tang (Z. desjardni)
7" Banana Wrasse (T. lutescens)
4" Clown Trigger (B. conspicullum)
8" Black Durgeon Trigger (M. niger)
10" Queen Trigger (B. vetula)
8" Oriental Sweetlips (P. vittatus)
Thans HPYCAMPR, I will send pics soon.

lucky?

how i found this i don't know - almost 3 yrs old. If this tank is still up and running I think it'd be neat to have an update on these fish. everyone is always so crucial about tank size and the fish put in them but are these people caring for the fish long enough to see them mature. I know I'm trying to my tanks are maxed out right now and can't handle anymore fish, if the people involved in this post are still around here let us know.