sohal tang.....

R

royalshrimp

could i get away with putting a sohal tang in my soon to be setup 125g??? they are so beutiful:yes: i would like to also add the following...
1 mandarin
1 bangaii
2 neon gobies
1 hippo

tjswanson

A Sohol would be just fine if it was the only tang. I would not get a hippo with it. Sohol Tangs do grow very large. I would stay away from Powder Blue and Brown Tangs because they are hard to keep alive. Sohol Tangs are very hardy and are awesome fish!

G

gobiodon

An Achilles Tang is way too fragile - if it dies travelling - there will be no exchange for the new one. Take my word. It happened to me.
Sohal is fisty but when you release it to your tank together with,
let's see, Purple Tang, at the same time they will not fight...
Three years ago these two rascals joined my tank (200) and since than ignore each other totally.
They will be after other fish (Sohal cannot stand my Fox, chase goes on); Purple Tang forced Yellow Tang to jump out (I tried to save it from being trashed by... someone). Didn't work, anyway.
Sohal grows slow but it gets big (in the big water to 16"!)
If this will be the only large-to-be fish in your tank - 125 is not soo bad. But after, let say, 3 years there will be a problem.

badkharma

You'd probably be fine for awhile (if it's a juvi), but I wouldn't put any other tangs in there - and introduce it last. On another note, you should have more than 1 Bangaii in there, they like to be in groups, not alone. I have 2 and they always just sit there together, hovering in the water... :)

jdogg2432

I thought alot about putting a Sohol in my tank, but after much debate decided to go for an Orange shoulder tang instead. They are by far the most overlooked tang. I've had mine for about 3 months, and it's just beginning to change to its adult coloration. Quite a dramatic change in color. Not as agressive as a Sohol. Just a thought.

S

sebae0

be careful if you put more than one bangaii together if you get 2 of the same --- they will fight till one kills the other.