Sohal Tang

tlubinski3

I have a Sohal tang that is about 5-7 inches and I just recently added a niger trigger and an Auriga butterfly. The Sohal attacked both fish but did not attack either of the fish i added before these. I have a maroon clown and a snowflake eel also. Any suggestions? PLEASE HURRY BEFORE THE OTHER FISH DIE!!!

nicetry

Not really a surprise. Sohals are notoriously aggressive and fish added after them are likely to be picked on. You might try removing the sohal to another tank for a week or so until the others get settled in. Sometimes, rearranging th rock work can throw off the territories a bit and reduce some of the aggression. It may subside on it's own in a few days but it's a gamble.
What size tank is this?

psusocr1

agreed witht he above statements.. sohals can be nasty and i have seen a sohal pick at a stingray before to the point that he almost removed his whole tail!

lion_crazz

As mentioned, sohals are nasty fish and should not really be trusted with anything, especially things that are more peaceful such as butterflies.

mrdsmack

I agree also. I put mine in a 75 gal for 4 days, rearanged the rock and then added back in. This worked for a while. He was 6 inches at the time. I put him in a 225 gal. 6 foot long. He stopped picking on the other fish however he started killing soft coral. If I put a new one in or move one and he didnt like where it was at, he would move the coral or kill the coral. I just got rid of him. In 8 months he grew 4 inches to be 10 inches in lenght. Such a pretty fish but can be a pain in the rear.