Sold my tank

lexluethar

I sold my tank today to my LFS. As some may know i've been unemployed since being laid off in January. Got a job last week that starts April 6th in a new city. It got to me thinking about my aquarium:
-I really didn't want to deal with the move
-I've wanted to upgrade for a while now
-New place is a bit smaller than my current one so there won't be as much room
So I spoke w/ my LFS that i've been close to and decided to sell (he didn't want me to sell it as moving wouldn't be that difficult and obviously i didn't get a lot of money compared to how much I put into it). I didn't use ---- or craigslist because i only had two weeks to figure all of this out and move from one city to another.
I'll still be around and am planning on purchasing a new tank probably by the end of the year.
Perhaps a 90 corner in my near future...

flower

Glad to hear you got another job
I know it had to be rough.
A 90 corner...SWEET! Looking forward to the pictures and updates!

lexluethar

Nothin left. I wanted a larger tank, which would require a new stand. I would want a new lighting system as mine only fits a 30ish gallon and is one MH. I could suspend it but with a larger tank i'd rather just get a larger lighting system OR a pendant system (maybe two?). I may keep the timers and power strips.

lexluethar

Thanks Sep. I'll keep you posted. LIke i said before i'm not giving up on the hobby, it was just an opportunistic time to sell since we are moving and i want a larger setup anyways. I don't have much at all in terms of corals, just like 4, and just two clownfish. So this isn't a big loss by any means.