Sold to many?

brooksie

Looking on SWF.com it says that it recommends 1 Mexican Turbo per 20 gallons....I was sold four for my 26 Gal. @ my LFS Was I sold too many?

cranberry

Every snail is different so it really is too vague to say it that way. Your LFS sold you too many. The 1 per 20 is more appropriate as far as turbos go.

mrdc

Unless you have a lot of rock or algae, some will eventually starve. You can take some back or wrap some seaweed on a rock for now.

nycbob

mexican turbos can get quite big, and they knock over rocks and corals. i suggest one per every 20-30 gallon. they r good algae eaters.

J

jstdv8

I have 8 in my 90 gallon and they seem to really keep the algae levels down to a minimum and have eradicated my HA.

hunt

i had 5 in my 29g, nothing bad ever happend, had all of them for about a year, i have 2 left

brooksie

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3241191
Every snail is different so it really is too vague to say it that way. Your LFS sold you too many. The 1 per 20 is more appropriate as far as turbos go.
What would recommend Cran for my situation......26 FOWLR???

don1234

From my experience you definately have to be careful with the Zebra Turbo Snails because they will eat your coraline agae and quick. Some of the snails have been dying off so my algae is starting to slowly come back. Im refering to the coraline algae that grows on the back glass. However I'm also starting to see new patches on rocks as well.