Some Advice

T

thespook

I lived in Hyde Park but moved in with my girlfriend. Clifton not my fav but I will be buying a house soon back in Hyde Park
We should all meet some time.

goldfish

It's nice to know so many ppl are interested in this hobby. I've learned so much already by reading this site. It's great!!

unfortunately no....my wife is from Mt. Healthy so I am there visiting every other month (I did live on harrison ave. for about three years though). Since you have the info on the best LFS where would you suggest for the best coral selection on my next visit.
SiF

goldfish

Spook,
I think Nick at wetpets has some coral, and all about fish in montgomery has some I believe. I'm not in the market for Coral so I suppose I dont pay much attention.
There is a place on River Road downtown that is HUGE with tons of fish--lots of them are freshwater but they do have saltwater as well. They may carry coral--you'd have to call. I cannot remember the name of the place. You could look it up in the yellow pages under Fish.

T

thespook

The place on river road is calld house of tropics. they keep funny (funny as in strange not haha) hours so call before you go down. They do have mass coral as does wetpets. I dont remember how much all about fish has in coral I dont think it was much (though they always say we can order it in for ya).
If you are comming in for out of town and want to get coral go to House of Tropics. They have lots of stuff and are priced fair not cheep but its good stuff and they are good people.
The other fish store on Colerain has nice stuff but tends to be a bit pricy.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
SiF
by the way wetpets is only about 3 minutes from the inlaws house :)
[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: slowest is fastest ]

goldfish

Thanks for the name...I've been there but couldn't remember the name. Funny people working there too if I remember correctly....
They are very knowledgable about their fish and products which I appreciated. So your inlaws are near wetpets huh? I'm up in Blue Ash so it's a drive for me. Gotta get my Nick fix every now and again! He's a trip.

T

thespook

There is a place in milford well malbary really called something fishy. The guy is cool and has fair prices on stuff. Have gone to him once or twice. Think his name is Kirt or something.
Oh ment to say if you are looking for coral and or inverts that is the place on east side to go. He has like 3 or 4 big tanks full of stuff. Has a web site email me at spooked2k@hotmail.com for the url.
Phone no to the store is 513-576-0676
[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: TheSpook ]

goldfish

Thanks, but I have a fish only tank. Not so sure I want to take on the responsibility for coral etc. It's great to look at, but too much for me! I can barely handle not killing my fish!
Thanks for the info though.