Some Bad News...

mony97

After 7 months I lost my Potters Angel while out of town this weekend :( And to make it worse it was my birthday weekend. Surprisingly not to upset, just bummed that I had kept him so long and was doing very well, only to leave and have a friend call and break the news. He seemed to be in great health when I left, eating, was fat, and swimming all over but who knows, if I remember correctly they can do just fine then one day just crash in home aquariums? I think it helps that I wasn't here and didn't have to see him fade.. Friend felt horrible, but did the same feeding etc routine I do daily, so I know it was out of his hands as well, he has also watched the tank before with no issues so just bad timing I suppose?
On the bright side I can now say I'm in the market for an Angel.. ;) Change can be fun, and saw a beautiful lemon peel at the lfs today so who knows?

mony97

Yeah I really enjoyed mine, and was lucky to have him for 7 healthy months, he was one my dream fish..

btldreef

My husband wants one so bad, but I keep lying to him and telling him that they're not reef safe at all....

mony97

I don't know whether to laugh or frown about your little white lye? haha, I feel I got pretty lucky with mine he was very active at the lfs, would come right up to the glass and stare me down but wasn't stupid and would hide if I moved to quick or got to close. Started grazing day one, and just seemed to want to be there and live, started eating mysis etc within 2 weeks. He definitely wasn't shy either always out and about, king of the tank haha..

btldreef

LOL
Well, my thought is that if you had luck with this guy, you should also have luck with your CBB adventure. I vote that you get one!

mony97

Yeah, but its always the fear of the unknown and the possibility that I cant get him to switch.. We will see..

mony97

Unfortunately not, it is one of my flaws..
My lfs does quarantine the fish for me after I purchase the fish, but wouldn't work so well for this endeavor. It would have to be weened onto prepared foods in the DT :(

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mony97 http:///forum/thread/381448/some-bad-news#post_3322640
Unfortunately not, it is one of my flaws..
My lfs does quarantine the fish for me after I purchase the fish, but wouldn't work so well for this endeavor. It would have to be weened onto prepared foods in the DT :(
Ahh, that does make it more tricky. Just try to find one that eats, it does take longer, but they do exist. From the experience of people in my reef club that have tried, if you can't separate them, they do best in very established reefs..