Some clown help please?

tr1er

Hello all,
Im new here and also new to the salt water fish hobby. well my problem is that I just got 2 new clown fish and a Tang. I got them on the 13th. now everbody in the tank were all fine. I have 1 damsell, 1yellow tang,2 clown fish and 22 pounds of live rock in a 44 gal corner tank. so I was looking at my tank taoday and what did I see 1 of my clowns has doing the death dance. I was like omg! he died and I don't know what went wrong? all my levels are ok Ive been on them all week durring the water cycle. now one thing I did notice about the clowns is they did not eat, could this be why it died? what should they eat? I have the pellets and the frozen food cubes that the shop told me to feed them. also what should the temp be in my tank it's at 77 right now is that fine? :help:

tr1er

Hi thanks for your reply. it's been set up for about 2 weeks and I just added 3 Turbo snails 1 big shrimpy guy and a horse shoe crab. but the tang is picking at the shrimp why?

kogle

If your tank has only been set up 2 weeks I would guess it's not done cycling. This would explain your loss of fish etc.
Do a search on "cycling" or the "nitrogen cycle" on this board. The info you find should be of help.

loup

as KOgle stated. Did you get an anommina and nitrite spike and back down to 0 during the first 2 week.
I would get that damsel out to. Mine pick on my new fire shrimps and kill it.

tr1er

I'm sorry guy's it been a little more than 3 weeks I just noticed that I put 2.:nope:
Ok I just did my water test and a 10 gal water change so all my levels are AOK but my amonia is a up a little. will it go down since I just did a water change?
you know the funny thing about the Damsel is he does not bother any body if anything he's the chicken of the group.:rolleyes: the damsel follows the Tang like he it's son! where the tang goes he goes it's kinda funny. now the only thing that bothers me is that the Tang is the one that picks at the Shrimp. at first it was all the time but now not so much maybe the tang got the hint when the shrimp pinched him.

But I never see my clown eat why is this? Im sorry if I'm bothering you guy's but Im new to this and any help Im thankful for.:happy:

kogle

With your tank as new as it is I would closely watch your amonia, nitirite, and nitrate levels. If your tank is still showing amonia it's not done cycling. You already have fish in there so there's not a hole lot you can do now to help. (unless you know someone who will watch your fish for a bit) If your tank has been set up for 3 weeks it should be close to cycled. Keep us updated on your progress.

loup

its good that your damsel is not aggressive. mine was not the case. but yeah, just watch your parameter and do water change as needed to keep the annomia and nitrite 0.

tr1er

Thanks guy's! so far so good every body is just chillen in the tank. but is it possible for a clown to get lonely? after I lost the other one he just seems to stay in one spot all day and I never see him eat. why?

kogle

Could just be stressed out. If he's not eating you might try adding some fresh garlic juice to his food. Kent's garlic extreme works pretty good.