Some eye candies ;)

reefkprz

post 14 second pic, how much do you want for a single polyp? if you'll sell, or maybe work a trade. I have some rare stuff. let me know if your interested in seeing some of it.

reefkprz

damn you have the silver yellows and are far better at taking pics than me LOL I may have a thing or two you dont. in a couple minutes check for a thread called "macro shots of my zoas"

bill109

Originally Posted by renogaw
would be tough to ship from canada i'd bet to USA
yeah. they sent me a pm with the place they got them from.. they are located in canda..

they really are awesome tho. the color is awesome as well

bluemantr

Originally Posted by bill109
yeah. they sent me a pm with the place they got them from.. they are located in canda..

they really are awesome tho. the color is awesome as well
Thanks guys. That website is mine :) Those are all my corals ;)

zeroc

Originally Posted by Bluemantr
Duncans reproduce quite fast if you do target feeding. And they eat like pig!!
I have Panasonic DMZ FZ8 I dont use macro lens I just take pics biggest size i can then cut the peice i wanted to use It works very well ;)

How fast is "quite fast"? Do they split or do they just grow new heads or drop babies?

reefer545

Bluman, NICE PICS!!! I have a duncan that looks to be the same strand as yours (based on coloration and suspected polyp size). My question for you is HOW BIG are the polyps of yuor duncan in diameter? I recently saw a duncan frag at a LFS and the coloration and frag size (amount of polyps) was the same as mine, however, the polyp expansion was twice that of my specimen. I have 150 MH with 2 x 32 actinic, and they are placed in the second third of my tank which is only about 20 in from my MH with a gentle flow. I am just curious because my polyps are about the size of a nickel and the newest polyp about the size of a dime. I target feed twice weekly. The LFS does not target ever. Are thiers just hungry? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh, all params are as close to optimal as possible, with slight phosphate reading and thats it. HMM.

bluemantr

Thanks, My duncan's polyps are about an inch,
Your question's answer:
%90 LFS doesnt have good lighting or their bulbs are old, thats why most of their polyps looks bigger, because they need more light to stay alive and they are getting bigger. You can try with yours too keep your duncans away from the light and they will get bigger to capture more light. I wouldnt worry about polyp size as long as they look healthy ;)
feel free to ask if you have any other question, i will answer as much as my knowladge ;)

reefer545

Originally Posted by Bluemantr
Thanks, My duncan's polyps are about an inch,
Your question's answer:
%90 LFS doesnt have good lighting or their bulbs are old, thats why most of their polyps looks bigger, because they need more light to stay alive and they are getting bigger. You can try with yours too keep your duncans away from the light and they will get bigger to capture more light. I wouldnt worry about polyp size as long as they look healthy ;)
feel free to ask if you have any other question, i will answer as much as my knowladge ;)
Thanks for the Quick answer. It was really reassuring. That is exactly what I thought too. I know the LFS had them under MH for a period of quarantine, but the DT they are in is under 4 x65 PC and are on the bottom of a 20 in tall tank. An inch diameter polyp HUH? That is about what mine are too, so that makes me feel better too. There is so little info about these fantastic corals, aksing others has been the greates source of Knowledge. mine is only a couple months old. It has grown a new polyp already ( that makes 5 lol), and the tank is still acclimating to the new MH. Photoperiod is only at 6 hours. Thanks again. Great pics once again. Got any duncan frags for sale? :)

bluemantr

Dont worry about the size of polyps :) if they are colorfull and eating well that means they are happy :)
One more pic i took it tonight