Some eye candy

kleinn

Seriously inspired...That's one of the most beautiful tanks I've seen
Your tank photography skills are also awesome. Thanks for all the info and tips you've shared in this thread!

jhov2324

dude, ur tank is amazing, r u professional, i felt like i was scuba diving in Fiji, how much u charge to set up tanks,

gregm779

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm no professional just someone who reads and experiments alot.
Originally Posted by hot883
Greg, I love the tank and I like the lights too. I have a 125 glass, double corner overflows on layaway. It comes with a 20 year warranty. Looks very similar to yours. How often do you change the bulbs in that light? I am looking at it and see the bulbs are like $59 each and just curious how often you have to change. Thanks, Barry
If you do 10k bulb you can use them about a year, if you go with a higher k bulb like 14k or 20k then you should do it every 6 months.
Originally Posted by Greg803
what size is your tank 150? what lighting are you using

Originally Posted by GregM779

welcome the 125g club, the light that I use is the coralife aqualight pro, it's an excellent light and allows me to run the tank without a chiller in Florida. http://www.hellolights.com/co72150waaqp.html

gregm779

I don't have any new pics of the main reef yet but for now here are some of a project I started a few weeks ago. It's my Seahorse/SPS/Blue-Spotted Jawfish Tank. It's a 29g tank in my bedroom.

kjord97

yeah i use those coralife pros on my 125 gal as well. i have 2 sets of 36 inch so that the middle of my tank does not get alot of light. Here is a pic

bubbbles

Your tank is awesome.......I've had my 100 for 2yrs+ and it doesn't come close to yours....reading all this stuff on here is overwhelming and it makes me wonder how my tank has lived this long not having all this stuff.....what all you have running on it if u don't mind my asking....it just looks so amazing...

gregm779

Thanks guys, the tank has been running with pretty much minimal equipment. I have a sump, 25w UV sterilizer, had a Nautilus TE skimmer (upgraded to Coralife 220 after pics), have just added a clcium reactor (dosed 2-part by Natureef), just added a Phosban reactor, don't have a chiller and I live in Florida (use fans), no auto top-off (may hook one up soon). It's all pretty basic, the LR and LS are the main filters of the tank, it's not always how much money you have to spend on equipment that makes a tank.

demosthenes

The psychedelic mandarin looks like a pretty healthy specimen, but I was wondering how long you have had it in there? Anything special you're doing to keep it well-fed in such a small tank? Did you seed it with some loaded live sand or are you adding isopods and copepods manually to enhance the diet? Thx for any info

gregm779

Originally Posted by Demosthenes
The psychedelic mandarin looks like a pretty healthy specimen, but I was wondering how long you have had it in there? Anything special you're doing to keep it well-fed in such a small tank? Did you seed it with some loaded live sand or are you adding isopods and copepods manually to enhance the diet? Thx for any info
The only reason I even thought of putting a mandarin in a 29g is the fact that it eats live brine and frozen mysis
Here's a video of it eating brine
http://www.gregmsreef.com/Videos/Man...ng%20Brine.MPG

kurgen

Your tank is by far the best example I have seen .You have inspired me to do more to my own tank. My reef tank is only been set up for 4 months and has a long way to go, I have just this week added a 18g fuge
question what is a calcium reactor? and what does it do ?

gregm779

Originally Posted by funkyman
Holy moly. Awesome aquaria.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Triggaluv
I wish i had the time and money to have something like that!
I'm only 24 and by no means am I rich, I have my own company so stay pretty busy also. There are lots of ways to save money in this hobby, I have great relationships with many LFS owners and get discounts everywhere, I do lots of trading, the original setup (tank and stand) were bought used.
Originally Posted by kurgen

Your tank is by far the best example I have seen .You have inspired me to do more to my own tank. My reef tank is only been set up for 4 months and has a long way to go, I have just this week added a 18g fuge
question what is a calcium reactor? and what does it do ?
Thanks, A calcium reactor uses CO2 to break down a supplement in order to keep the aquariums calcium and alkalinity stable. I used Natureef 2 part for almost a year but I have to dose so much it was starting to cost about $50 a month.

triggaluv

I didnt mean that in a bad way.. Im only 26, and by all means ... not wealthy! I have a 20H Reef set up now, i think that its anything to special.. I dont know why, i just get lost as to what to do next... where to start... I have some live rock.. ive had the tank set up for about a year... according to my test strips--- everything in the tank is good (nitrate wise) i have a few small GSP, a rock anenome, curly q, a chili coral---
I finally invested in some new lights.. i have 130w of light on it.. with LED moon, skimmer, marineland filter, and a small filter with a nitrate bag in it.. the tank just isnt booming.. i dont see my GSP spreading... nothing really grows... I have two button polyps that i think came from some rock i bought.. but they dont even open! I put iodine in the tank daily as a supplement -- i guess i dont know what to do next! I'd like to have somebody sit here and hold my hand and tell me what to get-- if that makes any sense... oh yeah, and i have three damsels.

chadman

i am new to the hobby but still have a great appreciation for the work you have done...that is amazing....u seem to really know your stuff my e mail is chadmantrop@hotmail.com it would be awsome if maybe you could shoot me your e mail because i would like to know a pro in case i have any disasters....again the tank is beautiful man!!!

kjord97

Greg,
What kind of trigger is that in one of yor first few pics. I thought they were not reef safe, How is he doing in your tank, i really want one.

gregm779

Originally Posted by chadman
i am new to the hobby but still have a great appreciation for the work you have done...that is amazing....u seem to really know your stuff my e mail is chadmantrop@hotmail.com it would be awsome if maybe you could shoot me your e mail because i would like to know a pro in case i have any disasters....again the tank is beautiful man!!!
thanks, I don't mind helping when I can on the forums but can't give out my e-mail, it's better to take a few opinions and figure out the best way to fix each problem. What works for one doesn't work for all.
Originally Posted by kjord97
Greg,
What kind of trigger is that in one of yor first few pics. I thought they were not reef safe, How is he doing in your tank, i really want one.
That's a blue throat trigger, there are a few triggers that are more reef safe than others except that they will eat shrimp. Some of the better triggers are the blue throat, crosshatch, and sometimes a niger. I also have a harlequin tusk in there who does very well.
Originally Posted by t n h

:jumping: :jumping: just beautiful wish i could get pics like that :jumping:
Thanks!