some input?

newbfish

Hey everyone,
I know I'm not on here as much. Sorry, wish I was though. I recently received a used JBJ 12gal Nano tank without a hood. I'm starting it up. I wanted some input from some other reefers. I don't plan on spending too much on it. I have a light that's pushing 2 9watt pc's. Is that enough just to keep zoos, shrooms, and other softies? I also had an idea, making a wave box.... I plan on doing that by buying two MaxiJets 400, and a 1200 or 900 and putting the 360 degree reflectors on both of them. Will that work as a wave box? I would think it would because the stronger MJ would cause the reflector to spin faster than the weaker one, meaning that they have different rpm's and flow power, thus the motion between the two is always changing.
What do you guys think? work or no?

flower

Originally Posted by NewbFish
http:///forum/post/3154027
Hey everyone,
I know I'm not on here as much. Sorry, wish I was though. I recently received a used JBJ 12gal Nano tank without a hood. I'm starting it up. I wanted some input from some other reefers. I don't plan on spending too much on it. I have a light that's pushing 2 9watt pc's. Is that enough just to keep zoos, shrooms, and other softies? I also had an idea, making a wave box.... I plan on doing that by buying two MaxiJets 400, and a 1200 or 900 and putting the 360 degree reflectors on both of them. Will that work as a wave box? I would think it would because the stronger MJ would cause the reflector to spin faster than the weaker one, meaning that they have different rpm's and flow power, thus the motion between the two is always changing.
What do you guys think? work or no?

I don't understand the wave box idea...all you need is a power head and timer to go off and on intermittently....anyway. You can keep mushrooms and any other non light needy critters like gorgonians and carnations. These need none to very little light, and have awesome color.

newbfish

the wave box idea.
do you know what the 360 reflectors you can add on to powerheads? well i was thinking if i get 2 powerheads of different gph flow rates. the stronger one will cause the reflector to spin faster if im not wrong.
think of it like the solar system. Mars being the weaker PH and Earth being the stronger PH. Earth takes a shorter time to orbit than Mars. and they will hardly be lined up? Idk if that analogy makes sense or not