Some kind of feather duster worm thing

So I upgraded to a 215 and it crashed when I moved it. Kicked up a lot of waste and detritus which spiked chemistry leading to my tank move crashtastrophy. SO... I find this little guy in my old tank on some of my established live rock. The last tank was 8mons old( pulled rock from the old and into the new) and I see this thing stretching out like a worm and it has a feathery head when fully extended its maybe and in fully stretched out. Apparently can't add a photo via iPhone

If anyone wants the picture you may need to email me. Apparently I am retarded and can't figure this crap out. Or is there a way I can post it online and use the URL?

Thanks gemmy. Any idea what that is? Some kind of flatworm? Found him in my live rock At the bottoms of the bucket. Is it good or bad? I already found one in my display tank and there's no way I'll be able to get it out. Maybe a coral banded shrimp or arrow head crab?

S

saxman

It's a peanut worm (Sipunculid)...totally safe. They often take up residence in holes in your LR and all you see are their "snouts" stretching out and feeding on the surface of the LR.
Here's a link to a decent hitchhiker ID guide...just match your critter to a pic and read about it: http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/hitchhiker.shtml