Some New Pictures 29 Gallon.

doktorj99

looks awesome!!!!......your GSP took off!!!....i love the frogspawn....what SPS is that??....is it a stylophoria?...everything looks good...

azfishgal

Great pics and nice growth! You have kept your tank looking very nice!
I can't wait for my 1 year mark so I can show my tanks progress.

bocfuss

Thanks for the comments. As far as keeping the water clear, I use a strong powerhead for flow and the line comming up from the sump isn't that strong and has a series of baffles to keep the bubbles out, a coral life superskimmer, and in one of the baffles I stick floss, it collects a lot of crap. I don't know, it does look clear though.
The SPS is Hydropora, I think thats its name. It is the only SPS I have ever purchased. How do I know if its thriving or not? It was the cheapest SPS in the store, I didn't want to take a nicer one away from someone else and watch it die. I do watch the calcium and other perameters. But is there a way to know if it is happy or not?

ncacura

Watch its colors, if its starts to fade it might need to be raised or lowered, watch your calcium levels. That's about all I can suggest.

gatorwpb

Thats a nice hydnophora and nice tank!! Its color looks great and they are fuzzy when happy. Some hydnophora are fuzzier than others, but that one looks great.
Mine is the one thats less fuzzy and a lighter green, I think its hydnophora rigita. All of them are aggressive and will sting the heck out of anything they touch. They are generally hard to get and not cheap, so you got lucky.

crt81

Nice looking tank! It looks awesome!
Also... Are those colt corals? I have something that looks just like those but I never really found out what it really was. All I know is that it's some type of soft coral.

bocfuss

I just call them tree corals, colts is another name for them.
My clowns just laid some eggs, well the femal laid them the male kind of helped out.
Now I've seen it all.

bocfuss

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Can you post a few pics of the eggs? Your tank looks very nice! Keep up the good work!

Sorry, when I came home tonight, someone had eaten them, and the clowns were in the anenome, the eggs were on the frogspawn branch.

bocfuss

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2467177
Can you post a few new update pics?
I will soon, but I lost the Hydnophora. I went to Southern California for a week, this was 3 months ago. When I came back the auto top off had malfunctioned. The water was half way full in the tank, it was the only thing that died. High salinity, high temperature, and cramped quarters. Not good. Anyways I'll post some new pictures soon. The GSP is taking over the tank, I don't know what to do with it. You'll see.

wow awesome tank looks great i love seeing more 29 gallons out there. i just started mine. it about 1 month old. what do you have for lighting? do you have a sump? whats your filtration like?