Some New Pix of the 125 and need ID

seannmelly

Just got a new camera and trying to see how it all works here's what we got so far. Please excuse the messy tank...there's been alot of algae growth since we lost all of our tangs. Enjoy and comments welcome!!

seannmelly

Here's a couple more, does anyone know what is in the second pic?? My guess is some kind of macro algae :notsure:

dmjordan

That xenia colony is huge! Love the frogspawn...I would love to get a head or two but not sure if my light will support it. I have had great luck with my toadstool so far as it has gotten much bigger since I put it in a couple of months ago.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Dirty-D
looks like my xenia when the lights are off
It's not even an inch tall, and looks nothing like my xenia...

seannmelly

Originally Posted by dmjordan
That xenia colony is huge! Love the frogspawn...I would love to get a head or two but not sure if my light will support it. I have had great luck with my toadstool so far as it has gotten much bigger since I put it in a couple of months ago.
The xenia in the pic is one of our two xenia colonies that started as 2 stalks about 2 months ago.

dmjordan

I got a 1" tall frag of the silver pulsing xenia about 3 weeks ago. It is now about 2 1/2" tall and has numerous new branches growing. Wasn't sure it was going to make it. I first tried to use superglue gel to attach it. That lasted all of three days before floating away. Wound up threading a needle with some fishing line and stitching it to the rock. Attached perfectly and has increased the overal circumference of the base and has gotten taller.