those are some amazing pictures!

if only it looked like that in real life

JK what kind of camera do you use?

05xrunner

canon 30D
tamron 28-75 f2.8 lens
sigma 70-200 f.28 lens
canon 430 ex flash
Actually I think they look better in person. I am still trying to capture the look of them to the eye.

N

nemo_66

yea, good shots... still saving for that canon rebel and those lense! :cheer:
lets see some more pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05xrunner

I am still trying to get a full tank shot that I think actually looks good.
I might have to buy an ultra wide angle lens so i can get in closer and get more detail.

murph145

dude thats my next major purchase one od those canon rebels... awesome camera for sure! your shots are very clear and ur corals look great!

05xrunner

I use to have the Rebel XT then I upgraded to the 30D..it was a really nice camera. Image quality is probably identical. Just 30D has a few nicer features. its MAJOR difference is the size of body and feel of build. If you go and feel a XTi and a 30D you will be like WOAH..the XTi feels like a toy...still is a nice camera though.

kevin34

I love those ricordeas. Rics are by far my favorite coral. Can you tell me what the care level of acropora is? Do you have any fish in that tank?

05xrunner

I have a pair of clowns, lawnmower blenny, mandarin, Cleaner shrimp, Emerald crab, anemone crab and a harliquen shrimp.
So far I havnt had any real problems with the acro yet. Except for teh 2 that just died for no reason. that in itself could make them kinda frustrating. The other 6 colonies of it are doing great.
They just needs lots of light and have good flow.

gregghia

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I use to have the Rebel XT then I upgraded to the 30D..it was a really nice camera. Image quality is probably identical. Just 30D has a few nicer features. its MAJOR difference is the size of body and feel of build. If you go and feel a XTi and a 30D you will be like WOAH..the XTi feels like a toy...still is a nice camera though.

05xrunner, I have the rebel XT and similar lenses that you are using. My problem is not the clarity but rather getting the things on the web! SFC.com tells me the photos need to be 500x500 but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. I have no business owning this camera!
Any tips.

05xrunner

I use Photobucket.com for all my image hosting. its free and they give you a huge amount of storage. Plus they make the tags for you. you just copy and paste

hefner413

I've got an XT (love the 30D though) and was just wondering what settings you used for most shots. Do you leave on auto? or fix shutter speed or aperature or both? or do you use the "programmed modes" available - like flourescent lighting etc? And I see you use your flash? how do you prevent reflection off the glass?
And I assume you use your tripod? thanks