Some of my little bubs

N

nemo_66

that is so cool. how did you keep them alive and what did you feed them? i want some. lol

neoreef

I am doing it every 11-14 days. Just the A. Ocellaris right now, as I already have a full time job and a family to raise. I feed the fish a pelleted diet designed for raising fish from a Japanese company: Otohime. I top dress the food with NatuRose to give the fish that lovely color. I keep them alive by giving them good water quality and food and heat and air, same way you keep your aquarium inhabitants alive.
If you want some, come to St. Louis. They are available in almost every LFS here.

fishieness

ive been trying to get my ocellaris clowns to breed for about a year and im wondering, what are you/were you feeding your pair?

bocfuss

It is just so cool. I have a pair that keeps acting like they are going to "mate." The rest of my fish would eat the kids I'm sure. Thanks for sharing, and if you have time can we get some more pics.

neoreef

Thanks everyone. I feed my breeding pair a variety of foods. Mostly frozen Ocean Nutrition formula one, but also spirulina brine shrimp, cyclopeeze, mysis shrimp, and sometimes dried food. I think the trick to getting them to breed is to feed them A LOT. Feed them at least twice a day, and feed Mama until she stops eating. Feed them until the hair algae covers all your rocks and chokes your corals. Actually it is better if you don't let that happen, but it is a bit inevitable. Step up your filtration and protein skimming and mechanical filtration, and run some carbon in addition to everything else you do to keep the water quality high. Good luck!

fishieness

i am feeding them all those things plus more. often adding in selecon also.
i think it is jsut that i dont feed them more than once. ileave around 7 and dont get home until about 6. so usualy two feedings isnt possible. but i have been feeding alot