Some one please help ASAP...got millions of tiny things in the tank

flight

Hey to anyone that knows anything about this please respond.
I got like a million of these little white things floating in my water and a bunch on the back glass of the tank.....they have like sparatic movement behavior like twiching and they are tiny and white.
i haven't seen my tank in three days and i come home to this.
I will add that i added a chocolate chip star and a large turbo snail 4 days ago i don't know if they brought in a hitchhiker or what?
someon please help

flight

i hope they are coepods but there are like a million of them first of all and i don't know i have never seen this before...will they go away if they are coepods...i understand they are beneficial but it look nasty with all this floating around
anyone else with a clue as to what it its?

flight

ok so i got two responses so far and I do agree that they might be coepods but does anyone else think otherwise.

cain420

get a magnifying glass, then check out the hitch hiker thread... thats what i did.. mine were coepods.
that way you can know for sure what they are, and not just having people tell you what they think they are....

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by cain420
get a magnifying glass, then check out the hitch hiker thread... thats what i did.. mine were coepods.
that way you can know for sure what they are, and not just having people tell you what they think they are....
I agree to this!!! It sounds like pods to me too!!! I had a ton of'em and that's when I bought the mandarin to eat'em. Huge decline in pods afterwards, but I still see a lot of'em. Especially when lights goes out. :happyfish

uberlink

Don't worry. They'll mostly disappear into your rocks and sand...where they'll get bigger. I have one that comes out at night lately that's almost a half inch long.
(Actually, he terrifies me. But they tell me he's good for the tank!)

alyssia

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
I agree to this!!! It sounds like pods to me too!!! I had a ton of'em and that's when I bought the mandarin to eat'em. Huge decline in pods afterwards, but I still see a lot of'em. Especially when lights goes out. :happyfish

If your tank isn't a year old and you don't have 100 lbs of LR I would not get a mandarin. It will exhaust the initial pod supply and then starve to death.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by alyssia
If your tank isn't a year old and you don't have 100 lbs of LR I would not get a mandarin. It will exhaust the initial pod supply and then starve to death.
I agree with that, but my tank is well over a year old. And I do have plenty of live rock. The Mandarin is thriving and she is a wonderful addition to our reef. Her name is Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Most of the pods scattered when I put in my new sump/fuge system. But they're starting to regroup and my fuge system will help the pods populate even more, not like I don't have enough of'em already. Even with the mandarin eating the pods, I still see a ton of'em everywhere. :happyfish

alyssia

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
I agree with that, but my tank is well over a year old. And I do have plenty of live rock. The Mandarin is thriving and she is a wonderful addition to our reef. Her name is Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Most of the pods scattered when I put in my new sump/fuge system. But they're starting to regroup and my fuge system will help the pods populate even more, not like I don't have enough of'em already. Even with the mandarin eating the pods, I still see a ton of'em everywhere. :happyfish

I wasn't talking about you, I meant flight shouldn't get one if his tank isn't a year old.

j/k :joy:

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by alyssia
I wasn't talking about you, I meant flight shouldn't get one if his tank isn't a year old.

j/k :joy:
:hilarious ***)