some pics in my 30 gal reef

teen

4- zoos and hammer
5- green stripe mushrooms and scarlet hermit
6- horseshoe crab and fuzzy grass shrooms

teen

thanks, its rare that i see him, because hes usually buried in the sand and hes very hard to spot even in a 30 gal :jumping:
more comments welcome

teen

zanoshanox: i do have some full tank shots, bu they look horrible because theres a bit of hair algae on the back wall. its going away quick since i switched to RO water and the bit thats still alive is being eaten between my 2 mexican turbos, 10 nassarius snail, and persian and queen conch. ill post them in a week or so once its all gone

fanker: ive seen a lot that do look a lot more like actual hammers, but i know its not a frogspawn or torch, and does have kinda hammer shaped tips. idk, lol

pyro

pretty sure it depends mainly on flow. I think individual specimens differ as well. Since I have gotten mine in from an online store, it has gone from looking like a frogspawn to looking a lot more like a hammer and now the hammers seem to be splitting and looking more like a frogspawn again =P. All that in about 2 weeks.
Tank looks great! A small tip, some of the pictures might look better with a touch of saturation.

emmitt

I love the tank pics, very nice! One small suggestion though, You may want to consider getting rid of the hs crab. They get REALLY big, especially for a 30g. Worse, they will knock over everything as they get bigger. Eventually though it will probably die buried in your sand bed and cause an ammonia spike.

teen

Originally Posted by emmitt
I love the tank pics, very nice! One small suggestion though, You may want to consider getting rid of the hs crab. They get REALLY big, especially for a 30g. Worse, they will knock over everything as they get bigger. Eventually though it will probably die buried in your sand bed and cause an ammonia spike.
it takes a while for them to get big though. i live on the water, and i know they get big, but he wont outgrow the tank for a while.
thanks for all the comments, keep em comin

teen

heres a full tank shot, ill post another when the hair algaes gone. it seems to be going away quickly. and i cant seem to get any coraline growth either, any pointers?
click to make it bigger

ophiura

Originally Posted by emmitt

Yeah, unfortunately, rarely do they ever cause a problem because of their size
usually they die far sooner. Reef tanks aren't extremely suitable...current and temperature and other structure tends to be a problem. They do really well in species specific tanks with little rock, flow and cooler temps though...I really like them!
Just be sure that you don't release it however!! That would not be a good idea either.
Tank is looking really nice!
What is your alk and calcium at?

teen

Originally Posted by ophiura
Yeah, unfortunately, rarely do they ever cause a problem because of their size
usually they die far sooner. Reef tanks aren't extremely suitable...current and temperature and other structure tends to be a problem. They do really well in species specific tanks with little rock, flow and cooler temps though...I really like them!
Just be sure that you don't release it however!! That would not be a good idea either.
Tank is looking really nice!
What is your alk and calcium at?
my dad said the same thing about the water temp being to warm. i really dont have any options though to get rid of him, soo ill just try and do my best and see how he does.
my alk is at 3.0, which the booklet that comes with the test kit says is good, and my calcium is 420.
thx for the comments. keep em comin.
lol, no comments about the decorator crab, i think hes pretty cool :joy:

ray28576

That decorator crab is awesome.
I like your rock work. What kind of lighting are you running? How do you do your water changes. (How often and How much?)

teen

Originally Posted by Ray28576
That decorator crab is awesome.
I like your rock work. What kind of lighting are you running? How do you do your water changes. (How often and How much?)

thanx
im running 250w MH 14k
i usually just drain my sump which is a ten gallon tank but only is about 8 gallons full. i dont really have a schedule, i just do it whenever.