Some Pics of my 125

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Overall awesome tank, im lovin the sun coral, whats the lighting?

I have the Coralife 3X150W 20K HQI Metal Halide, and funny thing with my sun coral, I have it under a ledge and it gets very little light, and the damn thing still only opens at night, and stays open till the lights come on.

sleasia

tangwhispr...first of all nice nice tank!!! second, I notice you have an achilles tang? How is he? How long have you had him? they say they are hard to keep, but despite this I'm tempted on getting one as my last fish. Any feedback for me? Should I ?...shouldn't I??? Thanks

goodwin9

Great looking tank
Have you considered a solid background. I added a black to mine and it made all of the difference in the world. Food for thought.

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by sleasia
tangwhispr...first of all nice nice tank!!! second, I notice you have an achilles tang? How is he? How long have you had him? they say they are hard to keep, but despite this I'm tempted on getting one as my last fish. Any feedback for me? Should I ?...shouldn't I??? Thanks
The Achilles came from one of my other tanks...I have had him for 3 years without a problem.

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Great looking tank
Have you considered a solid background. I added a black to mine and it made all of the difference in the world. Food for thought.
I have thought of that...do you have a pic so I can try before I buy?

emmitt

Originally Posted by TangWhispr

I have the Coralife 3X150W 20K HQI Metal Halide, and funny thing with my sun coral, I have it under a ledge and it gets very little light, and the damn thing still only opens at night, and stays open till the lights come on.
What are you feeding the sun and how often?
Those tangs are awesome by the way

vanos

How much was your lighting system? Achilles tang-awesome fish and it's great that you have had it for over 3 years. I heard they don't do well in home aquariums.

ghettotang

Dude that a very nice tank.
I'm about to set a 125 gal. too soon. Once I sold my two 75 gal. tank I will get my 125. Let me ask you something how long is that light? What type of light is that? How much did it cost you get that if you don't mind? Because once I got my 125 gal tank I want to buy a new light too for my soft coral I took at the internet on how much each different light cost and seem to me their expensive.
Please Let me know.