some questions

oneradtek

i have a 75 gal tank with 29 gal sump. i was wondering how many fish would you all put in a mixed reef system with this setup.
also who uses reef carbon? i just did for 3 days to try it out. thanks everyone!

deejeff442

tough to answer the fish question fish come in all sizes.
you could have 10 small fish like gobies or 4 bigger fish like maroon clown,wrasse,ect.
i run carbon 24/7

oneradtek

ok so far i have 7 of varying sizes in there currently.
2 clowns
1 sixline wrasse
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchman goby
1 mandarin
1 small purple tang (back off tang police... thanx)
i was thinking about adding 1 more fish to make 8 in all. a neon pseudochromis. so far everyone gets along great, and its a healthy tank

I think i am going to run carbon once a month for a few days. Just wondering what you all do about the carbon thing though

deejeff442

i have a purple pseudochromis nice fish ,hides alot but can always find him.
i had a purple tang in a 90 gallon for 5 years with no problem.
hes in a 150 now though.
most guys run carbon 24/7
doesnt hurt anything and keeps the water clear plus its cheap.i change it out every month or so.

oneradtek

my skimmer goes crazy though when i ran it in my sump, making a ton of clear skimmate, has this happened to you?
so you think with my line-up of fish, a pseudo would be okay as the last fish?

deejeff442

yea nice fish collection .
they are all pretty small except the tang so it should be ok.
make sure you feed the tang seaweed on a clip
your skimmer is probably to deep in the water .i had to put a tuperware bowl under mine till the bubbles were at the bottom of the collection cup in the skimmer.

Hum, i was thinking of small tang for my 90g, what kind of tang could I place in my 90 til I get my 180 up and running this summer??

deejeff442

i had 4 tangs in my 90 for a few years.that was before i knew it was to small a tank.but i didnt have any health problems with them till the anemone nuke 3 out of 4 of them.
they were all around 3 inches long.
now i have a 150 gallon and still have my purple he is now 5 inches and i will be adding 2 more tangs
if you deffinitly are going to a 180 i would get a tang doesnt matter which one as long as it is small.

oneradtek

haha thats great, idc though.....i know that the tang has it nicely in my tank. i take good care of it and when i upgrade again in a few years itll be a perfect addition!