Some tank pictures

nycbob

very nice! i could never keep a yellow leather. it always die on me for whatever reason.

trippkid

I'll second that, great job on your tank. How long has it been going? I like the Yellow Scroll and the Pink Birdsnest, plus the rest of it too. Keep up the excellent work.

Matt

yosemite sam

Thanks everyone. The tank has been set up for 3 years, but the birdsnest is the only large coral from the original setup. I lost a lot of my tank in a crash about a year and a half ago, so I've been rebuilding since then. Most of the zoos, and some of the montiporas are also from the original tank (ie the green cap growing on the overflow was part of a huge scroll I broke up in July). Most of the acro frags are relatively recent additions, so it's a bit of a mix of young and old. I only have a few fish, a foxface, three chromises and a firefish.

trippkid

Cool, looks great. I was going to say I couldn't make much more out as far as SPS, I did see the Cap growing on the overflow, I have 1 and a couple more starting to grow on mine too. Nice tank.

Matt

yosemite sam

Thanks folks. Tripp, there are a bunch of sps frags, but a lot of them are pretty small. There are probably 10-12 acro frags along with another 10 montis, and some birdsnests and a stylo. A few of the montis are bigger, but don't show up well in the photos. A few of the acros are pretty nice, so I'm looking forward to them growing out more.
Chowtown, the big pink birdsnest is a slower grower than other birdsnests I've kept. That colony is about 2 years old, grown from an inch-long frag. The branches are much thicker than a lot of birdsnests, so it usually grows only a few mm a month. I had a large yellow bn that grew from a half inch frag to the nearly the size of two softballs in less than two years.

yosemite sam

Originally Posted by Hefner413
That is so cool - growing on the overflow like that! Did you just glue them on?
Thanks everyone. Actually, that monti is part of a much larger colony that I took out in July. If you look below it, you can see the base of the original colony growing (just left of the clam). The frag was about 2" tall when I first put it in about two years ago, and grew into a giant spiral about 10" tall and several inches wide. It grew onto the overflow, and started blocking the water flow, which is why I took it out. I tried to chip off all the coral on the overflow, but a month later, it came back and has been regrowing ever since!