someone plzz answer

reefr23

what equipment do i need for a 25 gallon saltwater aquarium?
srry i keep askin but i need to kno asap. im going shopping tonigh :)

L

lsu

The basics would be LR, LS, skimmer, and a powerhead(I'd do a Koralia nano or #1). It depends on what you want to spend and your plans for the tank. There are tons of options out there- canisters, wet/dry, sump, fuge.... I would try to find a local reef club and a LFS (that you can trust, not a chain) to give you hands on advice. This is a hard question to answer as there are so many variables.

srgvigil

Really I know some people are going to get mad at me for saying this but get a book. A book generally will give you the basics for everything you need. A great book that I suggest is
"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner

locoyo386

Originally Posted by LSU
http:///forum/post/2857017
This is a hard question to answer as there are so many variables.
Diddo here, I am new but you should be more explicit on what type of tank system you are going to go with. Fish only, fish w/ LS & LR, reef tank?

unleashed

Originally Posted by SrgVigil
http:///forum/post/2857030
Really I know some people are going to get mad at me for saying this but get a book. A book generally will give you the basics for everything you need. A great book that I suggest is
"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner
amen to that

small triggers

it is much easier to plan and purchase after you know exactly what you want to do. And books are much more helpful with your personal choices compared to a forum. Its hard to just go out and buy a bunch of stuff for a tank if you dont know what you want in it. You could do a fish only and not need as bright of light as you would for corals. there are so many examples of different setups for different reasons. Id get atleast 3 different books(all published within the last 3-5 years max) and do atleast a months worth of research first. Julian Sprung and Robert Fenner are the leading marine aquarist that have books out.

small triggers

Also, in these economic time of woes, check craiglist and ----. Especially if you are near a major metropolis, you can find some great deals (FOR INSTANCE i have a custom made 35g with stand and sump that i am putting on craigslist this weekend pr $500ish probably gonna get $200 out of it maybe) Resale is at a LOSS for used stuff, so take advantage of someones upgrades/getting out of hobby.