Someone STOLE my tank... actually STOLE it..

Soooo..
I moved my 60 gallon reef into a 26 for a while. I decided to get my 60 back, clean it up, maybe sell it or whatever. So, I am at my parents house, and I have the tank outside cleaning it ( they live in one if the safest neighborhoods in the WORLD.. Literally.. nationally ranked) And I leave the tank outside to dry. I get back... Someone has stolen the tank from along side their house.
Gone..
60 gallon Plexi tank AND Stand. I put the canopy on the side of the house next night with a sign that said:
" To whoever STOLE my tank, might as well take the rest. -owner"
But they left that.
It just SUCKS... I have the power compact lights still, which I guess I will just try and sell...
But anyways... Wanted to vent..

kristycore

what an *beep*
if i just park on the street... i've had someone try and steal my car from outside of my house
people have no respect.

hariii2

Well this won't help, but maybe this guy thought that you your throwing it away. :notsure: I know if I take anything even close to the curb, it takes literally only MINUTES for someone to drive by and grab it. Stay positive. :D

reefnut

Are you sure your wife didn't hire a hit man to take the tank out
j/k
People suck... what kind of person would be driving by and decide to stop and still a tank?? Whomever it was they need to get a life.

K

kistheeze

your parents have homeowners insurance you should get a new tank. Assuming the deductible makes it worth the while filing (seldom does though)

golfish

Croc Hunter, The crooks are not going to rob a house in a poor area:nervous:
Hey, We're coming up that way next weekend for the Bridge School Concert in Mt View, I'll keep my eye out for a guy walking around with a 60 gal tank.

I actually had that same thought.. I wonder if the person who stole it posts here.. Or wil START posting here asking questions...
Maybe the F****'r will buy the lights that he COULDNT steal, becasue they were inside...

Originally posted by hariii2
Well this won't help, but maybe this guy thought that you your throwing it away. :notsure: I know if I take anything even close to the curb, it takes literally only MINUTES for someone to drive by and grab it. Stay positive. :D

That was MY thought.. It was not near the curb, but along side the house.. and its not like its a small thing.. a 60 gallon tank and stand.

ukcats

Hey...newbie here...I just found a tank on the side of a house...and I wanted to turn it into a saltwater setup...I already know where I can get a stand for it...what other equipment will I need??

Just kidding of course.

reefrobber

sorry to hear about your tank that REALLY sucks :mad:
not to get off subject, but what movies did you make special effects for? :confused:

E

essop3

hmmmm, look at who just replied...
just kidding. Someone stole my new $2000 golf clubs this spring, I only got to play 1 round with them.

dskidmore

Originally posted by golfish
Croc Hunter, The crooks are not going to rob a house in a poor area:nervous:

Not at all the case. It's so easy for them to walk out of the drughouse, take $1800 worth of tools and DVDs, walk to the pawn shop, and back to the drug house. To steal from rich neighborhoods, they would have had to have a car to get there.
Oh, BTW, the tools and DVDs? That was the night before I moved into my new house. The tools were there becuase we had to fix it up a bit to be livable. The DVDs were in storage for a friend.
The thing that amazes me is that most of the crime around here dissapears in winter. *looking for first snow this weekend*

Originally posted by UKCATS
Hey...newbie here...I just found a tank on the side of a house...and I wanted to turn it into a saltwater setup...I already know where I can get a stand for it...what other equipment will I need??

Well, you would already have the stand... And I set the canopy out for you the other night... just in case you wanted ALL of it :)
Actually, the worst part of it was there was someone I knew who was actually going to buy it... :(
Like throwing away (or being robbed of) money....
At least I can recoup a bit on the lights I think (hope) Since I have no use for them now....

sandman12

I was thinking the same thing about reefrobber^^^ lol.
That takes some balls. I have always wanted to leave my gargae open one night and sit in a lawn chair with a gun in the corner:D
I have all my fising tackle and poles (they left the crappy one) stolen and a bike. We have probably had 8 bikes stolen over the years at our old house.

golfish

Originally posted by essop3
Someone stole my new $2000 golf clubs this spring,

One suggestion...its not the club, its the guy swinging it