Something new and probably bad

wild man

I found this small patch on a rock towards the front of the tank and looked around to find a few more patches and then a huge patch on the back of a rock. I'm assuming this is something bad considering how fast it seems to be spreading.

wild man

From other threads I have read I'm assuming a pest anemone. I've read peppermint shrimp will eat aipstasia, will they do anything with this?

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Man http:///t/393099/something-new-and-probably-bad#post_3494524
I found this small patch on a rock towards the front of the tank and looked around to find a few more patches and then a huge patch on the back of a rock. I'm assuming this is something bad considering how fast it seems to be spreading.

It's a cryptic sponge - probably located in a nutrient rich, low flow zone in your tank. They are harmless.
Definitely not a pest anemone.

novahobbies

They might nibble on it, but it really depends on the angel. Most angels will eat a couple specific species of sponges, but leave others alone. Of course mine tended to like the expensive BLUE sponge.....