Something New in the Tank

miketv

I'm not too worried about these new developments, Just one of the many surprises in reef keeping, but am curius as to what they might be?
This picture was altered somewhat to show the shape better but the coloration is off, they are actually yellow/white in color.
http://www.freepichosting.com/Gallery/Show.now?251
They don't seem to move or react to touch to the

[hr]
eye but I just may not be seeing it.
I have several growing inside my filters (in the dark in one filter) and a few that I can see are now growing in the back of the tank behind the liverock (some light)
They ARE growing and the biggest yet is about a half inch long.
Like I said, not concerned with getting rid of them (unless I'm told different), just curius as to what they are or what type of creature they are.

kmr

You got me. I have no clue. I do like the website your pic is on. Maybe a clearer pic would help? I wish I could be more help.

chuck

I have tons of them in my sump and on the bottom of some of my live rock. I am pretty sure they are some sort of tunicate. They are beneficial filter feeders and should be welcomed in your tank. It means things are well.

laneki

MikeTV, I noticed those same things in my tank a couple of weeks ago and asked my LFS what they thought it could be. Their answer: some sort of snail. Whether they are right I am not sure; I just keep watching the little creatures.