Something old....

nm reef

...my metallic green bubble coral has been with me for better than 3 years now...it doesn't open as large under the MH's as it did under less intense lighting but it is still healthy and remains one of my favorites.

nm reef

...and something new...
last weekend I made a road trip to my favorite LFS in Lubbock, Tx....came away with two new zooanthid frags.....for $8.99 each.....the first are small maroon fringed with a sort of mottled center...they haven't opened fully yet and there are only 6-7 or so polyps...but I'm confident they'll grow out in time.The second frag has a dark fringe and numerous deep/dark blue centers...these are the ones that really caught my eye...the guy that was waiting on me was rather disappointed ... I got the impression he was wanting to take them home for himself....

nm reef

Hmmmmmm....I'll grap the camera and see what I can do...but full shots never turn out very well.....just not enough detail and/or clarity to please my eye. I "try" to take and post pics that represent as near as possible what my eye sees...and I never have much luck with full tank shots...but give me a few and I'll post something as soon as I take it and get it posted.

nm reef

OK...I got one. Just took 4 from about 6'-7' directly in front of the display......for what its worth here is what I thought was the best of the lot.......like I said full shots just never give a true representation of what my eye sees.....for a better look you'll just need to drop by.....

rberhow

OMG, your tank is absolutely gorgeous. How far is it to the Land of Enchantment from ND? Would love to see your tank in person and of course, snatch a few frags while I'm there.
Thank you so much for sharing and wow, do you have an eye for photography. Absolutely beautiful pics.

nomad

Gorgeous tank! Pretty zoos, can hardly wait to see what they look like when they really settle in. :joy:

jacknjill

once the zoos spread you should take back a frag of it to the store and give (by give i mean sell) that employee who wanted it lol.

bruby

NM Reef, I was probably just at that store in Lubbock. I live in Amarillo and I drove down on Saturday and picked up a few corals. I got the coolest torch from Hi-Tech.

nm reef

I do very little business at Hi_Tech....I prefer Mr. Aquarium....much nicer folks....better selection....and cleaner.

bruby

I totally agree. I told my wife that I felt like I was in someone's basement at Hi-tech. We have a couple of nice stores now in Amarillo. Do you live in or close to Lubbock?

nm reef

I'm in Clovis.....I once checked out a couple of places in Amarillo (where I was born by the way)....Mr. Bubbles was one of the LFS's ...can't remember the other. As I remember both were very high priced. I do a lot of business with Kyle and the folks in Lubbock....seldom travel to Amarillo...

bruby

Bubbles is no longer here. In fact the funky shaped tank in Kyle's store came from Bubbles. The other store that you are thinking of is Fish Pros, he is still in business and now has a pretty nice store. (still high priced) The other nice store here is called Exotic equatics, she gets alot of nice stuff and is very reasonable. I bought 2 Harlequin shrimp from here for $25 for both. Most of my corals come from her as well. She also sold me a pretty nice clam for $40.