Something on my live rock...

mscoral21

I just bought a couple peices of LR..When i put it in there I saw something on it..Im sure its not bad but just curious to know what I have got in my tank. Its almst like a feather duster but its maroon in color, small, almost looks like a sunflower in shape...but where petals would be its like tenticles with white tips on every end of the tenicle...Im sure its nothing bad but like i said just curious! Thanks for any opinions. Oh yeah...I think its alive too it moves and the tenicles come in an out all the time!

mscoral21

Im not sure...I have a FOWLR..so im not used to anything else. Im cluless when it comes to annenomes or anything like that.

mscoral21

Okay did a search for pics...it looks like one of those almost but its a maroon color..and the tenticles are a little thicker than the pics i saw....Is this a good thing or not?

nas19320

If its an Aiptasia or any of the pest anenomes it can turn into a bad thing if not taken care of.

mscoral21

I think i found out what it is..Im not sure but it almost looks identical to a canycane annemone, except its missing the white.
Could that be it? Even if it dosent have to white?

S

savage21

dose it look like this if so it's a pest and can take over in your tank

mscoral21

Yup..thats exacally what it looks like!....But the funny thing is..I cant find it now. It seems to have dissapeared or something. I dunno. Will it reapear? I should by Joes Juice right? To get rid of it?

S

savage21

They can get very small when not opened. I have heard of injecting them with some things not sure what it was. The way i got rid of mine not sure if you want to try it but i pulled the rock out and took a small screw driver and poped them off wear safety glasses some juice will squrt out of them

This may help
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...hreadid=115437

nas19320

Joes' Juice, Peppermint shrimp, boiling water, Kalk paste and I have heard lemon juice are all ways to get rid of them. Kalk paste has always worked for me.

huskernwy

Joes Juice worked for me. Not so good of luck with boiling water. Also put a pepp shrimp in the tank on Monday and it took care of the rest of the tiny ones that I could not get to. Sure sounds like Aiptasia to me!

wax32

A peppermint shrimp ate my small aips but it took Joe's Juice to put the hurt on the largest one. It worked pretty much instantly.