sound right to you?

N

newreefers

my lfs suggested this for maintenance - opinions please.
WEDNESDAY
Lifo 2 drops
Iodine Plus2.5 ml
Iron Plus 2.5 ml
Natu Vite 2 ml
Reef Former8 ounces in filter
Corraline
Stimulator1 cap
Strontium 4 drops
Coral-Vite 1 cap
SUNDAY
Lifo 2 drops
Iodine Plus2.5 ml
Iron Plus 2.5 ml
Natu Vite 2 ml
Reef Former8 ounces in filter
Corraline
Stimulator1 cap-full
Strontium 4 drops
Kzyme2 ounces
Bromactin 1 cap-full

broomer5

Wow newreefers !
It doesn't sound right to me.
That's a lot of additives/supplements that are very difficult if not impossible to test for.
Sounds like a Rx for a marine tank disaster to me.
I don't do much more than water changes, and calcium/alkalinity adjustments. Light iodine treatment occassionally.
So I have to say ..... I can not dispute that twice a week mixed chemical cocktail your LFS has suggested - nor support it.
But my gut response is no way in my tank(s).
You asked for opinions - that's mine ;)
BTW - did your LFS person suggest BUYING all these products from him or her ? Hmmmmmm ........ cha-ching !

reef fool

Sounds like Cha-Ching for the LFS!!!! I posted an additive question a month or so ago with mixed opinions(as usual) But no one that replied added that much stuff on a regular basis!! I do water changes every 3 weeks and the B-Ionic 2 part additive daily which is mainly a Calcium/Alkalinity dose, but if you read the ingredients, it also has alot of trace elements. IMO You get sick of all the additives pretty quick! IMO Try an all in one remedy w/ water changes.

nm reef

I agree that you are adding a lot of additives that can't be accurately tested for...and most of them could be maintained via regular water changes.
Personally I would not follow that advice...I prefer to keep things simple and add only for calcium and alkalinty with kalkwasser to help maintain both. Trace elements are maintain by 5 gal water changes maybe once a month.
I just prefer to limit the things I add to stuff I can actually test for...anything else scares me....:cool: