south florida

macromania

Hi, brand new here! I notice a lot of people from this area when I was searching to buy/trade frags. Of course I was too late on many of them! Is there a south florida thread or something where you collect

coraljunky

Originally Posted by macromania
http:///forum/post/2541112
Hey! I am glad to see some locals! Did anyone go to the recent frag trade in Ft Lauderdale a few weeks ago?
I heard the FMAS frag swap was for selling only. The prices were the same as retail

Anyway, I'm from Pot St Lucie and travel to WPB for work.

macromania

They were selling, butI think i got some killer deals!
ORA stag was the most expensive thing I bought, but It was well worth the $30
green slimer frag $5
orange ricorda $10
three head candy canes $5
I actually came home with 10 great items for $150

It was the first I have ever been to. i am hoping to keep informed from local people
Laura

macromania

have any of you visited The Talking Reef forums? Those of us who live in the area are talking about meeting in April and starting a group.

florida joe

There is an online site that ships to Florida residents for $ 7.99 over night since shipping is such a mark up on many sites this is a great deal search and you will find.

macromania

that IS great, generally shipping gives me the blues which is why frag shows would be great, as well as a reef club, AND this site. I see many offers in the livestock sell/trade forum. I see that one has to be quick!!

macromania

hey, there are a bunch of us from boynton to PT St Lucie getting together to forma group (maybe called the treasure coast aquarium society, still to be decided). None of us have met yet, many are from talking reef forums. There will be a guest speaker about calcium and its roll with magnesuim. some of us are talking about bringing stuff to sell/trade. The host, ----, lives in Port St Lucie, he has a webstore, and is building a huge coral propogation building on his property (could be a great contact!). It should be fun to fraternize! Its two weeks from now (dont remember the date) on Sunday afternoon. Post here if youre interested, or look up Talking Reef, thread SOUTH FLORIDA HOW DO I FIND YOU? Thats my thread, trying to connect with local reefers!!

digitydash

Originally Posted by macromania
http:///forum/post/2550778
hey, there are a bunch of us from boynton to PT St Lucie getting together to forma group (maybe called the treasure coast aquarium society, still to be decided). None of us have met yet, many are from talking reef forums. There will be a guest speaker about calcium and its roll with magnesuim. some of us are talking about bringing stuff to sell/trade. The host, ----, lives in Port St Lucie, he has a webstore, and is building a huge coral propogation building on his property (could be a great contact!). It should be fun to fraternize! Its two weeks from now (dont remember the date) on Sunday afternoon. Post here if youre interested, or look up Talking Reef, thread SOUTH FLORIDA HOW DO I FIND YOU? Thats my thread, trying to connect with local reefers!!
pbmas is the palm beach club.Just add the com.I am up for meeting one weekend.I am in royal palm

macromania

treasure coast-there is already a palm beach! Did I understand you correctly? I tried to get with that group, the palm beach crew- a bit stuffy and like trying to get into ft knox! Sorry if any of you are here! We are trying to start a new group!