SouthDown, Inc

nightraven

I have sent email to the address listed and have received no reply. I have also called and they can only refer you to a retail store in your area.

broncofish

They required to the particular product I was looking for. I responded and have not heard back yet. They have a big factory in so cal I think?

prater

The play sand division is now Oldcastle Stone Products, Southdown was purchased by Cemex and I guess everything has been changed except the website.

wrassecal

Everyone in the northeast can get it. do you have an Ace Hardware in your area? A Southdown sales rep in Penn told me last spring that they were working on a national contract with Ace. Maybe they got it.

broncofish

Yes I do wrassecal, thanks I'll give that a shot, someone else told me to try a pool supply store? why I don't know.

nightraven

The people also told me that you can get it at any southern states store as well.
Here is a link to find out if there is a Southern States Store in your area. I put in my Zip Code and found one store in my area. They say they can get any product that Southern States stores carries but they may have to special order it. I do not have the details on special ordering yet so I am not sure if there are minimums or shipping charges or how much it will be per bag. I will post more info when I have it.

nightraven

Not looking good for the home team. I found two other stores fairly close and one of them told me they have to order it by the tractor trailer load at a time. :eek:
Anyone wanna go halfsies with me? :D

broncofish

I found tropical play sand, aragonite based in Vacaville California woo hoo, yippy(I feel like I won some kind of lottery.)