Southdown Sand in Minneapolis

reefer adict

Hello,
I also made this post in the DYI section.
I am able to get a truckload of Southdown Tropical Play Sand into the Minneapolis area. It will cost me some significant bucks to get it shipped here. The selling price would be 12$ a bag.
This price seems to be lower than what everyone is paying at local fish stores, and allows me to make small profit for taking the initial up front cost. I would have to sell a truck load in order to do it.
I thought I would use this thread to see if the interest is here. If it is I would be willing to make the order on Monday the 16th.
Keep this thread alive and I will check it over the weekend.
Thanks

hnf2k

if you wanna pay for shipping i have 3 bags of southdown to send you. here in ny it cost me 2.99 per bag. so you cover the 9 bucks plus shipping and it's yours.

s/g5588

Are you saying it we would be buying it from you and not Home Depot....I am assuming it is there because they ordered it once before for me and bought it from them. Do you have to buy a whole pallet from them? Are they shipping it to your house or do you have to pick it up at the store?

reefer adict

If we can get it through HD in MPLS, I would do that. I was planning on getting it directly from SouthDown.
I was also thinking a lot of pallets. I thought that there would be more interest.
If you know of a way to get HD to do it, I would prefer to do that because it will be cheaper.
Thanks

s/g5588

How much sand do you have to buy if you do get it directly from south down.Do you have to buy a bunch of pallets or can you get a few bags? Another thing to do is call home depot in woodbury and see if they will order some, they said if there was enough intrest in the sand they would order it. We got some from the rochester store and they shipped it to the woodbury store for us.We called the rochester store last week and they were all out. Please keep us posted on what is going.
Thanks

reefer adict

Southdown will sell by the pallet. The shipping is outrageous though. We called a private trucking company. Based on past posts I thought there was a huge interest in this. I was thinking of getting 15 pallets.
Judging by the response though, I was way off base.
I thought I had read a previous post that said that the woodbury hd was not interested in doing a transfer.
Does the rochester store have some to transfer?
Does the rochester store get this sand on a regular basis?
Did the woodbury store indicate how much "enough interest" is? I wonder if that means a pallets, two pallets or what?
I would keep about 25 bags for personal use if we could get some.

s/g5588

Rochester hd is totaly out of sand. Try calling the woodbury hd and see if they can order some. I would take a few bags if hd could order some.
sku # 578-819
upc 0210026168655
model # 420-100
I got these numbers off a old post when the rochester hd ordered it .

reefer adict

James,
Thanks for your reply.
I was pretty much attempting to find the interest here in Minnesota. Your username says California.
Are you in Minnesota?
I would love to be able to get you some sand, but I think it would be too expensive to get it out there.
Thanks

risc

Yep, they said it was going to cost them some insane amount to truck it from the east coast and it wasn't worth it to them since Minnesota has so many of its own gravel/sand pits.
Jim

F

fishkid1000

I will take three. I know shiping will be a pain in the a** but I dont want to buy aragonite. Whats your zip code or close to it?

reefer adict

As most of you can tell by this thread, there is not enough interest locally to warrant buying a bunch of pallets from southdown and having them shipped to MN.
I am not going to be putting up the money to have a bunch of pallets shipped. I would however be willing to put money into a pool to get the job done. However, I do not think we have enough interest for that either.
Anyone else want to get some southdown to MN?
Thanks

fahz

I live in Duluth and will take 2 bags of South Down. I would be happy to pick it up at your location. Let me know what you do on this.
Fahz