Spambots

honu808

I reported 3 or 4 spambots this morning. When i signed up i had to enter a house number on a street. Do they not do that anymore?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Not the first time I've heard hobbyists prefer SWF over some other forums due to the lack of helpfulness elsewhere.

The spammers seem to be making their sweep overnight after Bang Guy and I go to bed. LOL Their posts don't even make sense if you read them.

honu808

Reported another 10 or so this morning. Its funny cause thats the reason i left many years ago only to revisit the site to see all these. Im not seeing this kind of garbage on other forums.

snakeblitz33

I agree - Don't they have to type something in to sign up as a new member? If so, then it's people that are doing this and they could be IP banned...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, SWF does use COPPA to sign in but the spam bots get in somehow. I have send messages to SWF about the problem.

I'm not sure who is getting any of the reports you are sending about spam, because the mods are not getting these reports. I would say that you don't really need to send reports because we (moderators) are routinely checking for posted spam and deleting them as we see them. I can assure you that I'm dealing with many of these daily and I'm feeling the frustration as well. Most spam is posted during early morning hours (while most are asleep) so when you come in on the morning, that is probably when you are seeing it. When I come in, I immediately go to delete and ban these and also check throughout the day.

If you don't want to bother with sending reports, then don't, because I can assure you that Bang Guy and myself are taking care of these as soon as we check in on the site.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea where the reports go, but myself and Bang Guy are the only ones dealing with the spam on here, and we don't get reports. We are checking daily for spam. Hopefully the IT here will finally resolve this.

Enjoy the site and bypass/ignore the spam in the meantime, as we will delete it as soon as we get on the site.