spiny blue in my tank??

thangbom

umm... just wondering if a spiny blue lobster can survive in a agressive tank???
7.25'' lunnare
7'' tusk
4'' clown trigger
3.5'' nigar trigger
5.5'' juvi emp
2 3.25'' yellow fin damsal
1'' yellow devil damsal..
u think 1.. or maybe even 2 spiny losbster canlive in my tank??? i dont think it can but just wondering.. i know triggers like to eat eyes out of crabs and such.. and mr tush and lunatic ....... i dont know.... but would like to have a spiny blue in my tank if it a shure bet that i will live..

fishieness

well spiny blues have the long antenni that they use to poke in the eyes of fish and other predetors that are attacking it. so if you get one big enough it might survive.
the problem is that they get huge. People eat them down in the caribbean. Unless you have a very big tank, i wouldnt even try it.

thangbom

wow!!! thats a bonuse!!!! i get to play with my food and eat it!!! thats great... i want them (2 of em..) in my 155 BF .... .. but u really think they can survive in my tank?? did u read up top ^^^^^^ about my fish.... thx for the info but i think i need more opinions... h* h*

fishieness

not too sure about the fish. i know lobsters are mostly scavengers though, so it is very possible that your fish will be fine, but i dont know about this particular species
if you get one make sure that all your live rock is veryy secure. ties might be a good tihng. they can be destrufctive. and you will need caves and things for him to hide in
and i would not be able to feed, nuture, and provide for an animal just to eat it....

thangbom

hum... thx.. good point on secure rock... but i was more affraid of the lobster being food for the fish..

Y

yeffre kix

I don't think you'll have to worry about it getting too big for your tank. The clown trigger will have a wonderful lobster dinner before that happens!

f1shman

ya triggers eat crustaens (however you spell that) in the wild like snails, crabs, shrimp, lobster

55galgill

i thought something like this was poasted a short time ago
its a game of survivor. if the lobster lives to get big enough to defend its self it will almost certainly try and make a meal of its wouldbe nemisis while its sleeping and if the lobter fails at this then the fish will start nipping at its antenne and when theve been worn down to nubs...the dinner bell will ring....and the tusk will bring the butter, the clown trigger and his cousin will bring the lemon. lobsters that can attain the size of a blue spiny should be in a tank of there own. a fairly large 1 at that. a foot long lobster will have the same or larger antenne. further more they are opourtunistic creatures that by nature will forage at nite looking in every crevice for food live or dead. im speaking from my experiance with them.
~Gill~

thangbom

hum... they get to 1 foot big ehh.. darn thas smaller thani thought .. ohh well... i guess ill bring the butter myself!!!!! :hilarious :hilarious