Split tank?

mtuttle49

I originally had a 55g SW tank with aggresive fish. Now I am interested in getting a custom 200g tank. I have heard good things and bad things about doing this. I would like to split the tank in half with a divider so that I can have an aggressive side with a trigger and a porcupine puffer; then on the other side I would like to have more pleasent fish with a "reef" type setup in addition to crabs and shrimp to help clean that side of the tank.
What are your thoughts?

d-man

sounds pretty cool to me. I have two tanks set up on one sump (soon to be a much nicer sump/fuge
) . One is going to be a higher light, high flow sps tank and the other is going to be a lower light, lower flow lps tank. I assume your going to have a dark divider in between them so the fish can't see each other?

al&burke

That would be cool, It would be neat if you could build a natural looking reef wall - friendly reef fish and coral on one side, bad guys on the other.

mtuttle49

Thanks. Yes I will be placing a dark divider. I'll look into the two tanks on one sump. That sounds like a good idea.

d-man

you could do one of those fake rock walls to hide some plumbing and/or make it a over flow box for both tanks and have your water go into the middle of your sump.

J

jstdv8

bad part is you need twice as much of everything, twice as many powerheads, twice as much filtration, ect ect. because the water in one will not equal the water in the other.
Actually a water fall like in a sump/fuge could be done over the top of the partition...