splitting mushrooms

hambone

I need some advice from you guys. I'm really new at this and I have a quick question. I just bought a new leather, a "devil's hand" I think. At the very base of the rock its attached to, there are two "blue spot mushrooms". Is there anyway to divide a mushroom? I was told to cut a pie shape piece and superglue it to a rock. Is this true, or is there another method? Do they multiply by themselves? What's best to feed them, or do you have to? Any help is appreciated. God bless!

nano reefer

okay. if you want them near the leather, get a razor blade and peel them off, and superglue them to another rock. this is called "fragging", there are many topics about this on the site, so use the search function. You can also frag by slicing it, thru the mouth is best but not neccessary. if you want them to stay there, they will multiply, and very fast if you have good water quality.

hambone

Thanks Nano. I've heard a little about fragging, just didn't know that's what you did to mushrooms. By slicing, do you mean just cut a piece off, or slice all the way down through, even splitting the stem?

ginnboy

you can split it in half completelyto make two.they will regrow the part you cut off.check out the fragging section here you will love it